Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Player/Guild standings

Since there are no factions, will there be any way to set a player's standing with myself/my guild as Neutral(default), Good standing, or Poor standing so someone can tell at first glance whether the other player should be KOS or up to a judgement call?
IE: Guild B hits Guild A's caravan transport, as the guild leader of Guild A, will I be able to mark all of Guild B to have a Poor Standing with me? Will i be able to set it so that all of my guild members also see this?

Comments

• Options
    I do know there will be a guild vs guild feature build into the guild structure, so I could for sure see some sort of ranking or way to keep track of what guild did what and to whom.

I'd love to see game tracked "guild history" where it keeps track what a guild did (such as raised village to city on March 24th or Downed Sour Beast on June 5th) 

I'd love to see player histories like this too actually...
  • Options
    This might actually be quite cool. There might be situations where:
    - you personally are friend/foe with a single member of an hostile/allied guild
    - your guild stands friendly/hostile with a single member of an hostile/allied guild

For example, out of respect for past friendliness a guild might decide to NOT engage a specific person on sight, even if his guild turned hostile... or a friendly player switched guilds..
    or a hostile player switched into a friendly guild, you don't want to declare war because of that right away, right?

So a way to set position to certain persons and a way to see it right away (friendly towards person / hostile towards his guild) would be very useful.

There might even be a kind of "request" system within a guild. Say a player was hostile towards a guild member, that guild member then can send a request to his guild-leader about that player. The guild-leader and officers can then decide how to handle it:
    - talk to player/guild
    - set player/guild new status: hostile/friendly/beware/whatever

Another nice example would be, when two guilds are on the edge of war and there are certain key persons that really should not be engaged to not inflame war, you can set those to friendly or non-hostile so the members know automatically to not engage (even when they were on vacation for 3 weeks and didn't talk to anyone yet).
  • Options
    I disagree that there should be a "hey let's kos this guild" mechanic.. especially if only a select few members have cause it to be that way.. bad apples and what not. 
    I only wish to know more about alliances, and how many alliances you can have at one time. 
  • Options
    Babe said:
    I disagree that there should be a "hey let's kos this guild" mechanic.. especially if only a select few members have cause it to be that way.. bad apples and what not. 
    I only wish to know more about alliances, and how many alliances you can have at one time. 
    Well lets face it, there's going to be atleast 1 or 2 "red" guilds per server, in that these guys are going to, generally speaking, be out to fuck your shit up for no reason at all.
    Not so much that it would be a mechanic, as I'm under the impression this will be mostly open world PvP, but just as a way to mark players/guilds, much as you would mark a raid boss with a skull and important adds with a big red X. This way you and your allies know at first glance, "hey we should probably avoid this situation" or "the guys up here are hitting caravans, buff up." etc etc.

I for one will not be care-bearing, i will draw a line somewhere and if you cross it, you will get your face stomped into the dirt, what good is being a power house if there's nobody to contend you *COUGH COUGH ARCHEAGE COUGH*. Competition is content.
  • Options
    Might work like BDO where you can declare war on a target guild for a set period of time. I wonder if therefore will be alliance vs alliance wars. Naturally guilds will build up good or bad rep in the community so conflict will always be around. I really look forward to the pvp in Ashes - it's gonna be good.
  • Options
    Goonsquad said:
    Babe said:
    Well lets face it, there's going to be atleast 1 or 2 "red" guilds per server, in that these guys are going to, generally speaking, be out to fuck your shit up for no reason at all.
    Not so much that it would be a mechanic, as I'm under the impression this will be mostly open world PvP, but just as a way to mark players/guilds, much as you would mark a raid boss with a skull and important adds with a big red X. This way you and your allies know at first glance, "hey we should probably avoid this situation" or "the guys up here are hitting caravans, buff up." etc etc.

I for one will not be care-bearing, i will draw a line somewhere and if you cross it, you will get your face stomped into the dirt, what good is being a power house if there's nobody to contend you *COUGH COUGH ARCHEAGE COUGH*. Competition is content.
    Honestly I think those type of PK guilds will be wiped so fast if they lack organization.. this isn't a valid example but take the Thieves Guild in Skyrim, they had a ranking system.. they got their information, they didn't all just attack random players.. or even the Dark Brotherhood, they got their pay for killing people..
  • Options
    This is a good idea, almost seems a requirements. EvE online has it and it really is the blessing of the mods. you can see "at a glance" who's safe or KoS. I would certainly hope that the Devs see this.

Adding to your idea, of Guild leaders taking an active role in marking people.
    Would be nice to see some kind of bounty system, although this is getting off topic.

With an in depth marking system we could see a serious boost in caravan targeting.
    It will go from potential lets go investigate to just click them from across the map if you have LoS and then you don't need to waste time traveling. 
    Hopefully there will be a range min-max limit.

• Options
    Babe said:
    Goonsquad said:
    Babe said:

Honestly I think those type of PK guilds will be wiped so fast if they lack organization.. this isn't a valid example but take the Thieves Guild in Skyrim, they had a ranking system.. they got their information, they didn't all just attack random players.. or even the Dark Brotherhood, they got their pay for killing people..

I've seen where certain guilds enjoyed nothing but stomping people in the ground regardless of the corruption system we are going to see that here too I think.  In one guild it's members used to travel in 3's and seek out lowbies.

Needless to say that guild was kos to everyone else.
  • Options
    @CylverRayne Agreed, they would ruin the economy for a node if they weren't put in the ground, but they also wouldn't be able to survive if they never made a successful ambush, so they would have to disband if they want to survive.
  • Options
    I think Intrepid will have many different checks and balances to offset or hinder such things in the greater scheme of things.  At least I hope so.
  • Options
    I'm hoping there are ways for guild leaders to change the status of other guilds, from allies, to friendly/NAP and enemies.Only the guild leader should be allowed to make a declaration of war, otherwise they will get on one day and realize that 3 guilds are attacking them because a troll guildie decided to start drama; now half the guild has left because they don't want to deal with it, so you have to try to smooth things over or get out of dodge hahaha.
  • Options
    Kesarakk said:
    I'm hoping there are ways for guild leaders to change the status of other guilds, from allies, to friendly/NAP and enemies.Only the guild leader should be allowed to make a declaration of war, otherwise they will get on one day and realize that 3 guilds are attacking them because a troll guildie decided to start drama; now half the guild has left because they don't want to deal with it, so you have to try to smooth things over or get out of dodge hahaha.
    That most likely will be the case, that only guild masters can declare war, it would be a neat mechanic to implement, the guild status. I think it would be terrible if one player in one guild made a bad decision which ruined the whole guilds appearance, so the guild the player messed with would KoS all the guild members etc.
  • Options
    This is a good idea, almost seems a requirements. EvE online has it and it really is the blessing of the mods. you can see "at a glance" who's safe or KoS. I would certainly hope that the Devs see this.

Adding to your idea, of Guild leaders taking an active role in marking people.
    Would be nice to see some kind of bounty system, although this is getting off topic.

With an in depth marking system we could see a serious boost in caravan targeting.
    It will go from potential lets go investigate to just click them from across the map if you have LoS and then you don't need to waste time traveling. 
    Hopefully there will be a range min-max limit.

If i'm not mistaken i believe bounties are already planned in the development. I heard something about a bounty office or the like in one of the Q&A streams.
  • Options
    Babe said:
    Goonsquad said:
    Babe said:

I've seen where certain guilds enjoyed nothing but stomping people in the ground regardless of the corruption system we are going to see that here too I think.  In one guild it's members used to travel in 3's and seek out lowbies.

Needless to say that guild was kos to everyone else.
    I'm all for PvP, and i'll surely be out there to claim my spot on the totem pole, and probably assert myself to the goods on a few caravans, however i find no enjoyment in a one sided fight, regardless of the profit. Hope to see you on the same server.