Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Solo dungeon crawls?

Currently I play Elder Scrolls Online, and I love their dungeon system. They have both solo dungeons and public dungeons in the open World. They also have the usual dungeon group delves you can queue up. 

So, If I just want to solo a dungeon I could and If I want a little more of a challenge I could still go into public dungeons for loot and mats all without queuing.

Now I understand the dungeon system for Ashes Of Creation is different when it comes to the availability. But when a dungeon is available, how can we tell if it's soloble or group based? The reason I bring this up, because I love to explore for loot and I don't want to stumble into an area or dungeon and get wiped by getting caught by surprise. 

The same for questing? Is the only way to find out that were entering an area for max level content indicated by a Metropolis level city? So if  I'm within a Metropolis zone, everything around it would be max level content?

Comments

• Options
    Think it was in 1 of the streams there will be zone that have high level mobs and zones that have low level mobs. if there is a Metropolis in a zone that had low level mosters before there was a city the mobs should become a higher level. dont know if this is only for the events that happen or for the entire zone.

there will be open world dungeons but i dont think that will be solo because those dungeons should be open world PVP dungeons.

If there are solo dungeons i hope it they make it so its only for farming crafting mats, no gear drops because lets face it solo dungeons will have to be made very ezy.
    Personaly i hope there are no solo dungeons.
  • Options
    I don't care if it's open world PVP dungeons, as long as I can defeat the mobs and bosses solo instead of with a group. And off course have dungeons that can be completed as a group also, I just want to have both types in the game. And I agree with you that solo dungeons should drop mats, but maybe low level gear sets could be good too either for leveling purposes or selling it on the market.
  • Options
    Unless there are some massive changes to the UE platform or a platform change, it may not work quite like ESO instances do.  I have played ESO and also ARK SE(not MMO), the cave crawling in ARK may be more like the dungeon crawl, so early in the process that all we have is speculation, so it is hard to say.
  • Options
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but from my understanding the game is going to have a dynamic questing system. As in the quest line may change over time depending on what events have occurred in the server you are playing in. I would imagine dungeon quests would not become available until someone has discovered that dungeon and has opened it up. From that point you may find a quest telling you that "Hey someone discovered a nearby dungeon you might want to go check it out!" and the quest might highlight from green to red depending on the quest difficulty. I don't think there will be specific dungeons meant for soloing per say because the devs mentioned that they are trying to stay away from a queue dungeon system, and or instanced dungeons. I think once someone discovers one its free for anyone to enter until I'd imagine it resets over time, and once again must be opened again. This would have to happen in order for loot to reset.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Artimus said:
    1. Someone correct me if I am wrong but from my understanding the game is going to have a dynamic questing system. As in the quest line may change over time depending on what events have occurred in the server you are playing in. I would imagine dungeon quests would not become available until someone has discovered that dungeon and has opened it up. From that point you may find a quest telling you that "Hey someone discovered a nearby dungeon you might want to go check it out!" and the quest might highlight from green to red depending on the quest difficulty. I don't think there will be specific dungeons meant for soloing per say because the devs mentioned that they are trying to stay away from a queue dungeon system, and or instanced dungeons. I think once someone discovers one its free for anyone to enter until I'd imagine it resets over time, and once again must be opened again. This would have to happen in order for loot to reset.
    2. My way of interpreting the dynamic quest system is that AOC is going to have pre-determined questlines in every zone or node. And the questlines will only continue if you advance the nodes say from camp to village as an example. So when you turn in quest A and B, you will only be able to continue to quest C and D if you advance the node from camp to village and so on. Now, I'm not saying that this is the system their going to follow and I don't have inside information but it might be something along those lines. The same with dungeons, if you complete dungeon A questline, you have to wait t'ill you advance the node to do dungeon B. And all quests can potentially cross zones.

• Options
    Artimus said:
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but from my understanding the game is going to have a dynamic questing system. As in the quest line may change over time depending on what events have occurred in the server you are playing in. I would imagine dungeon quests would not become available until someone has discovered that dungeon and has opened it up. From that point you may find a quest telling you that "Hey someone discovered a nearby dungeon you might want to go check it out!" and the quest might highlight from green to red depending on the quest difficulty. I don't think there will be specific dungeons meant for soloing per say because the devs mentioned that they are trying to stay away from a queue dungeon system, and or instanced dungeons. I think once someone discovers one its free for anyone to enter until I'd imagine it resets over time, and once again must be opened again. This would have to happen in order for loot to reset.

1. The way I interpret the quest system is the following. Say your doing quest A1 in the early stages of the node where you have camp, and when you turn in quest A1 you can only continue the story and do quest A2 if you advance the node to a village. Same with dungeon A1 quest, you have to advance the node and the storyline can cross multiple zones even if the neighboring zone is still in it's early stages. But if your exploring a less advance node, you cannot do that quest until you pick it up from the original quest giver from the advance node. All this is speculation from my part, so I don't have inside information.