Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Destructable Enviroments?

I had noticed in one of the siege trailers that a guard tower was reduced to rubble. I was just trying to confirm if this game is going to have destructible nodes, as in referring to sieges on towns, metropolises? This also brings up the question of limited terraforming. Will mining a certain area cause us to make a deeper and deeper mine? Will chopping down too many trees cause desertification over time. Will trees actually be real in game and once you chop them, it will actually fall and disappear? Can we replant entire forests if the need arises? This question just started out with sieges on nodes and being able to destroy buildings but the more I thought about it as I was typing this the more I realized that this question can expand over a lot of different mechanics in game. The reason why this seems so is because the devs mention how mining to deep can trigger an event. or you will have to reduce a node to rubble etc.

Comments

• Options
    I think we need more information on this topic, before we can give an definitive answer. I'd be psyched for destructible content. 
  • Options
    There's also the example of breaking into certain dungeons, which they showed in one of the videos.  In the video, the mage uses a spell to blast through rock to enter.  They said that a fighter, for example, might have to use explosives instead to breach the wall.