A relaxed community - Elloa&Nicky introduction

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in The Newly Arrived

Greetings everyone!

Time to introduce myself and Nicky.

So hiiii! I’m Elloa, I’ve been passionate about MMORPG since I put my feet in Anarchy Online. The possibility to explore vast imaginary worlds with people from all around our world seduced me more than I can explain. Since then, I’ve always been active in all sorts of communities, guilds, projects, fansites, podcasts and the like. I’ve played World of Warcraft a lot back in the days, and from there I played most of the MMORPGs that had been released in the West: Aion, Rift, Tera, SWTOR, The Secret World, Ages of Conan, GW2, FFXIV, The Elder Scrolls Online, Wildstar, Archeage, Black Desert…to name but a few.

Today, I’m playing and working together with my boyfriend Nicky. We met in The Elder Scrolls Online, and are now producing videos and streaming together. Our speciality is to mix up Gaming and Relaxation. We promote a laid back, immersive, relaxed way of playing, and our ambition is to offer a cosy, warm hearted space for our community.

We are both very interested by Ashes of Creation and the possibility such a game offers for gamers like us: gorgeous areas to explore, a world that evolves depending on players actions, interactions and lore that are slowly revealed as we discover the land.

We are planning to gather and organise a friendly, relaxed community to populate one of the European servers, as we believe this game can offer so much for players that prefer exploration, discovery, collaboration and team work in a more peaceful manner.

We have created a video to explain the game from the perspective of Relaxed Gamers, to alleviate the doubts or worries that could turn off an important part of the gaming community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDM-tDzZ2jU&t=4s

I’ve also started creating pure ASMR/Relaxation videos. If you have difficulties to fall asleep, or need something to trigger relaxation, feel free to check out what I’m doing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTvhjtHhhb0&t=3s

See you soon everyone!! :)

Also, I got kittens to giveaway

Comments

• Now it’s my turn!

Hi everyone, my name is Nicky.

I’m actually the opposite to Elloa in many ways being relatively new to MMO’s.

My gaming past is long, and I don’t wish to bore you with my first post.  Suffice to say , I’ve played most things.

My foray into YouTube and streaming actually started with Minecraft together with a community I helped to create that at its peak had over 10,000 registered members.
    Unfortunately, Minecraft somewhat soured for me over the 4-5 years I played it, and it was time to close that chapter.

I started with the release of The Elder Scrolls Online, and whilst I’ve played a few since then, none have really captured my attention.

I actually met Elloa whilst stumbling upon her YouTube channel and her ESO content, but all that’s ancient history.
    Like Elloa mentioned, these days we spend our time streaming, making YouTube videos and getting excited about Ashes of Creation!

The prospect of getting involved in this community from the ground up is a very exciting thing, and I’m hoping both Elloa and myself find some likeminded individuals along our travels.

I hope to speak to many of you in the future.
    Regards
    Nicky

• Glad to see dedicated streamers like yourself lending your thoughts and ideas to Ashes. I look forward to see what you guys get up to as more and more info is released by Intrepid Studios. Hopefully one day we'll run into each other in a Metropolis tavern so I can say hello to my fellow Cymro! :) 

• Hello, Ellao & Nicky!  Welcome, and glad to have you both join the Ashes community!  I hope you both enjoy yourselves here, discussing the game with us!  

Congratulations on your video streaming, and wish you both success!  Games and relaxation go hand, in hand...

Unless you get mad because you can't beat this, or that boss.  Then, maybe not so relaxing, lol!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Hi Kratz and freespiryt, 

Thanks for the warm welcome. Look forward to maybe seeing you in the future. 

EDIT : ofc now I can post...
    Nicky
  • Oooh, Anarchy Online was possibly one of the early MMOs (before SWG) that I put the most time into!

Glad to have you guys here. Looking forward to seeing some of the content videos you'll be making on Ashes. 
  • Oh my, Anarchy Online! I haven't thought about that game in years! 

Welcome! Just a word of warning, don't let @Rumbleforge near your cats as he may eat them.
  • Welcome!! Glad to have you guys here!
  • Karthos said:
    Oh my, Anarchy Online! I haven't thought about that game in years! 

Welcome! Just a word of warning, don't let @Rumbleforge near your cats as he may eat them.
    or smash them a with a real Warhammer he's working on.
  • Karthos said:

Kratz said:
    Karthos said:

or smash them a with a real Warhammer he's working on.

Bah! I wouldn't dare!  
    Why, when I'm not bashing ogre heads or delving in the dark dangerous dungeon depths, I love to snuggle with the kitties! (They're fond of me beard!) 

So don't you listen to that riffraff, I say! 
    ;)

And welcome ye both here to these forums, ye'll fit in here better than foam on a ale - or I'm a bearded gnome! Bawhah!
  • Welcome Ello and Nicky!  Nice to have you join us.  Great people here and we enjoy good company. Nice also to have another couple playing together.   Just beware the bag of bones that haunts the forums thinking he is a god.   (Don't tell @Nagash I said that.) 

Oh and please no more kittens!  My crazy cat might see the photo and yell at me thinking I am ignoring her.
  • Warm greetings to you both!  I'll most likely be playing on NA west coast servers (depending on where work takes me in the next few years), so I'll be missing out on the chill European community :'(
  • Hello and welcome. ❤️
  • Welcome! We're glad to have you as a part of the community.
  • Aww Thank you very much guys for the warm welcome! It really feel good to be here. Seems that Ashes of Creation community is really friendly. Very happy to be part of it! 

Nothing will beat the first impressions I had when I firstly played Anarchy Online @AutumnWillow @Khartos. I can still hear the rollrat noise when I want :D
    I was so naive at that time. I discovered I could team up with people to hunt, and I was running around the Clan city, asking to everyone if they wanted to team with me, not considering that "level difference" was a thing :D
  • You two seem like great people! Relaxed and laid back is an awesome posture and attitude. I think that you will both do very well in this game.

Best of Luck!

Bringslite

edited June 2017

edited June 2017

edited June 2017
    Please delete this :D
    edited June 2017

edited June 2017

edited June 2017

edited June 2017

edited June 2017

edited June 2017

• Oh dear! Do watch out for the post eating monster. It survived the forum transfer  :/

It's best to hold off for a while when the post doesn't go through immediately. You can copy and paste out to a document, and the forum usually auto-saves a draft of your most recent post attempt.
    edited June 2017
    Solarion said:
    Oh dear! Do watch out for the post eating monster. It survived the forum transfer  :/

It's best to hold off for a while when the post doesn't go through immediately. You can copy and paste out to a document, and the forum usually auto-saves a draft of your most recent post attempt.
    A lot of new users posts still seem to get caught up in a "moderation queue" that they clear out every so often.  I think it's likely to happen if one is posting a external link or a picture.   It would be nice to know officially if someone has to make something like 10 forum posts before you can do that, or something to that extent.  But I really don't know what causes it. 
  • Elloa said:
    Aww Thank you very much guys for the warm welcome! It really feel good to be here. Seems that Ashes of Creation community is really friendly. Very happy to be part of it! 

Nothing will beat the first impressions I had when I firstly played Anarchy Online @AutumnWillow @Khartos. I can still hear the rollrat noise when I want :D
    I was so naive at that time. I discovered I could team up with people to hunt, and I was running around the Clan city, asking to everyone if they wanted to team with me, not considering that "level difference" was a thing :D

OMG, I've totally forgotten about roll rats... And leets!  Leets are still the funniest mobs I've seen in an mmo till now. 

• Hello again Elloa and welcome to the community Nicky.  I have watched a few of your streams, and I do find them quite enjoyable to watch even if I don't play ESO. I hope you both enjoy your time here and I look forward to seeing you post more and hopefully stream the game when it comes out 
  • hey hey @nagash ! That's super sweet of you to join the stream. We have several projects for Ashes of Creation indeed. One of those projects will be released next monday! I'll keep the community updated on the Discord and in this thread when it happens :)
  • Welcome to the comunity!