Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will bow and arrows work underwater or do we need a harpoon?

If there is an underwater land what kind of weapons will we use? 

Comments

• Options
    There hasn't been any information in that regard that I am privy to.  There are confirmed underwater environments, though.  I'd be interested to see more on this! I hope it would be environment appropriate weapons like harpoons.
  • Options
    Yeah, @Severok is correct. We haven't received that level of detail yet unfortunately but at least it means we have a lot to look forward to over the next few months, as they release more info vids.
  • Options
    Would be kewl to harpoon a whale. 
  • Options
    Well I think that fire spells would be useless in water but useful in places that are full in water, also for example if you're body is completely standing in water then you won't do any fire damage, but if you and your enemies are let's say half of body in water the you do damage but he doesn't countue to burn after it. And for bow you will have very short range (if you are fully in water) and slightly bigger if you have crossbow
  • Options
    How about ice magic?
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    How about ice magic?
    He should be very good, like bigger aoe damage done
  • Options
    Ice magic depending on how it works could potentially go out of control if it's function is to freeze water in the environment. Be like being a fish in the bowl that just got flash frozen lol. 
  • Options
    /uses lighting magic in water/ -> doesn't remember to be himself in the water and dies

I don't know what it will be but I swear on hell's gates that I'll kill that damn Moby Dick!
  • Options
    Electricity should to extra damage to enemies, but also do damage to yourself...
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I'd laugh very hard if I ever saw that xD

I'm putting it on my to-do irl list :D
  • Options
    you could try a ballista that should work ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    you could try a ballista that should work ^^
    They did confirm a turtle mount.... strap a ballista to its back... instant Blastoise aquatic mount