Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Forum Feature - Sidebar Scrolling

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Forum and Discord Help
Hi there, great job on the new forum. Love the new look. 

Just wanted to suggest a feature, if it is feasible. Could we have the sidebar scrolling as well. Was thinking would be cool if when you scroll and you reach the end of the sidebar, it will stay on the screen as it is (since it spans longer than a screen). For threads with a full page and lots of users typing long posts, it takes a long time to scroll back up again. 

As suggested by @Rayteku, adding a few pictures to make it clearer.

Below is what you see when you go into the thread. Post in the middle, sidebar at the right.

Scroll a little more and you hit the end of your sidebar.

Read the page all the way to the bottom, and the sidebar disappears to the horizon (come back sidebar!)

I saw some websites do something like, as you are scrolling down, the sidebar will scroll along but will stop once it reaches its own end like in picture two. So it will follow you all the way to the end of the page. To get to the links like Recent Discussions or Bookmarks, you just need to scroll up a little and everything it's accessible already. 

This will really save a lot of time scrolling back up. We got two more years of scrolling after all.  ;)

Edited for clarity. 

PS: Or you can use the Home button of course, silly me. I just think this feature will be useful in navigation. 

Comments

• Options
    Honestly I tried to understand what your talking about but I don't think your being clear enough. I think it would help the dev's as well as other readers to understand if you could post an image of what you want.

If your on windows you can hit the "prt sc" key (Print Screen) then open paint and press Ctrl+V to paste it in. then you can draw on top of the image. I think that would help us all understand a bit more of what your asking.
  • Options
    Yeah. I've been scrolling up a lot. Good catch @Cyreph