Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Do you enjoy epic class specific quests?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
I think class specific quest lines that have some difficulty to complete are fun and help distinguish my character as a badass. Do you?

Comments

• Options
    Who wouldn't? Even if I thought it had many flaws, if I'm being objective I think the best MMO I've played that ensured brilliant levelling and class quests was SWTOR. It was great fun at the time.  
  • Options
    I think they're fun and immersive but I don't know how relevant it will be for Ashes because of the skill augmentation unless it just focuses on our primary class. I also feel the class quests have an end in sight as for storylines goes but Ashes is constantly changing in response to our actions so a can't see how class quests will carry on long term. Although magic is new to us we need to somehow harness skills we never had in the previous world it's more trial and error - unless Gods are guiding us to harness our skills o.o Maybe some people have great ideas to share to my unimaginative self :3
  • Options
    My line of thought is along the lines of a quest that emphasises why, in terms of story,  it is important for your class to be influencing the world. Completing it shows that you have some degree of skill and have put in some time, and others will know you have done so by way of title, or gear appearance.
  • Options
    Of course, the fact that you can Dual class opens up more potential possibilities.... but I assume we're just talking epic quests for our main class? 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I miss the days when one had to work, and really work hard in order to obtain some something that contributed to their class. Weapon? Piece of armor? Title? I really don't care what they choose to give us, or what shape the quests take -- and I'd like them to be more than just a single quest -- I'd like to have it.

I think for players who don't care, the quest could be unnecessary, but available. But a title that shows that you've done the work, that your character has earned this? Or whatever they choose to give. I think it would absolutely enrich the world for me.

And my army of alts. 

Man. I'm committing myself to wanting to do lots of work, now aren't I?

*walks off, shaking head and muttering at herself *
  • Options
    I have to say special class quests make the game that much more fun.
  • Options
    Some of my most enjoyable times in WoW were the times I helped others with the Warlock quest in Dire Maul to obtain their Felsteed.  Did I get anything out of the quest?  Not for my character, no.  But I got the satisfaction of helping someone get their reward.
  • Options
    I agree, Possum, the Epic weapon quests from Everquest got me thinking about this. Especially how challenging they were. I had to do the felsteed quest myself and that felt so rewarding. I want stuff like those.
  • Options
    Class quests are cool when they are unique and rare (Felsteed). Class quests are boring when everyone has them (Artifact Weapons).
  • Options
    I would kill for an epic bard quest resulting in some class defining set of gear/cosmetic skins and/or instruments. Iolo's lute, bagpipes etc. 

Maybe split them up every 10 levels or so, getting 1 piece of cosmetic everytime, so by the time you hit cap. You could choose to be Decked out in the epic gear. 
  • Options
    ^^ yes indeed, but with 64 class combinations in Ashes, it's gonna be difficult to please everyone
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    ^^ yes indeed, but with 64 class combinations in Ashes, it's gonna be difficult to please everyone

Yeah, I was thinking the epic quests could just focus on the primary class. 
  • Options
    I've enjoyed this type quest in other games but I can see problems here with them.
    With the nature of the game being dependent more on group and community involvement  it's hard to picture where they would fit in.  Considering the PVP aspect it's not going to be too easy to get around the country side to complete them. Also if there is stagnant areas to go to it would be easy for pkers to lie in wait.  They said quests and tasks would help move things along for node development but class quests won't seem to fit into that either.