Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Deleting Duplicate Posts

How do I do it? 

Back in April, I made a post about clerics that vanished within minutes. I reposted it four more times, but each time it disappeared within the hour. These reposts showed up on google searches, but clicking them led to error pages. So I stopped posting for a while, hoping the problem would pass in time, and it seems that it has. When I reposted about clerics in June, the thread stayed visible, and has remained visible for nine days.

Here's the weird part though... all those old posts I made that disappeared have reappeared on this page: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/profile/discussions/60688/Jack
Yet they remain deleted on this page: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/user/jack/

So now it looks like I'm a crazed lover of clerics, and I'd really like to remove the duplicate posts that seem to have unremoved themselves. What do I need to do?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Hi there @Jack.

Old forums were a bit bugged, and due to that some posts when posted went invisible (existing but invisible for users to see).

With the release of new forums problems were fixed and all those posts became visible, this is why there is multiple copies of the exact same posts now.

Answer:

The best you can do is edit cloned posts, delete text in them (so they are empty), then tag the moderator and with one line of text kindly ask for post to be deleted.

Cheers.  B)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    As it turns out, which I just learned here today, the mods apparently don't have a easy way to actually delete a post yet. 

So unfortunately... there is nothing you can do right now. 
    Well, I guess you can play the "waiting game."  ;)
  • Options
    atm deleting individual comments results in the person's spam count going up, and noone wants that so just ignore it for now :smile:
    threads? we can do threads no problem :smile:

• Options
    Shunex said:
    atm deleting individual comments results in the person's spam count going up, and noone wants that so just ignore it for now :smile:

So what do I need to do to get rid of the duplicate threads? Just delete the text inside them and replace it with "@Shunex can you delete this?"
  • Options
    @jack you can either mention me in the thread or send me a link via PM :smile:

• Options
    Jack said:
    Shunex said:

So what do I need to do to get rid of the duplicate threads? Just delete the text inside them and replace it with "@Shunex can you delete this?"
    nevermind about sending me a pm or linking i went and found them :smile:

• Options
    @Shunex Ok, thank you. I'm fairly clumsy with all this.
This discussion has been closed.