Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Please don't have crappy lighting

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
Hi, I have a pet peeve and it's bad lighting. These artists practice their entire lives since they were 6 years old only to have their art ruined by someone cranking up the contrast slider at the last minute and blowing out the highlights and shadows. I hate that. Or obscuring everything with fog. 

In the previews it seems like the sun moves in the sky in real time or near real time. I like that. Please keep that and add a little orange to the light at dusk and dawn. (Moving moon and constellations would be cool too.)  I hate when the sun is constantly low on the horizon and shining in my eyes. If you put the sun low on the horizon I will only travel north to south and south to north because that's how much I hate looking into the sun.  Thanks. Sorry to be such a complainer.

Comments

• I sure hope the sun moves and the same goes for the night sky.  Would be deeply disappointed if they did not, as would any good Vek in the game.
  • So far the videoes look promising.
  • The light was one of the first things to draw me to beauty of the game. I can't imagine the sun cycle will be lost on the developers given how it's already factored into the world we've been allowed to see. 
    T-Elf said:
    I sure hope the sun moves and the same goes for the night sky.  Would be deeply disappointed if they did not, as would any good Vek in the game.
    Agreed, and good point. If they really to read the stars, I hope the Vek read the stars!
  • FX lighting for Skyrim is what I'd like to see
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    The light was one of the first things to draw me to beauty of the game. I can't imagine the sun cycle will be lost on the developers given how it's already factored into the world we've been allowed to see. 
    T-Elf said:
    I sure hope the sun moves and the same goes for the night sky.  Would be deeply disappointed if they did not, as would any good Vek in the game.
    Agreed, and good point. If they really read the stars, I hope the Vek read the stars!

I'm counting on it.  One of the features that attracted me to that race.

• If the game continues on the UE platform the lighting is great.  Both dynamic and changing by season, angle and time of day, as well as by sector/zone.
  • Just as long as they let me have my torch for night traveling!  
  • DJoneser said:
    If the game continues on the UE platform the lighting is great.  Both dynamic and changing by season, angle and time of day, as well as by sector/zone.
    Yes please!