Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be a system in place catering towards content creators? For example Blade and Soul.

I'd Like to see something similar to BnS or even something better like giving us the tools you use to make your trailers for instance.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I'd Like to see something similar to BnS or even something better like giving us the tools you use to make your trailers for instance.
    I personally don't see this as a necessity. The type of content typical of this game doesn't require that level of access to dev tools. 

EDIT: Besides those tools are for the devs to use, developed by them or purchased from a third party for a hefty sum. You don't just receive that kind of value for free from the devs. 
  • Options
    This is a great Idea, and it would allow for a lot of third party content. From what I can remember from all of the dev streams, I don't think that this specific question has come up yet. They have said that they are not really looking into opening up the API for modders, maybe they would consider this as the same thing. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    @Krojak
    It's not really a necessity but we don't really see much content for MMOs minus stream highlights. All the videos I see from BnS are prime examples of what players can do with the tools at hand.
  • Options
    It's a dynamic world, always changing. It would be an interesting tool, but not necessary at all.
  • Options
    Probably Not sorry to say.
  • Options
    I'm not familiar with BnS toolkit, what does it allow you to do as content creator?

I went through some BnS videos and apart from the "free camera", I'm not seeing anything you couldn't make with proper editing software.
  • Options
    @Decimus it's not so much editing software, but there free cam is design in a way to help content creators with all its features, free cam/all real time/recording/ui etc. its just a system design with creators in mind i feel.
  • Options
    I would like to see some content creator friendly things, like cinematic and other camera options. I'm sure more of this will be developed as Intrepid completes the core game systems. Or maybe they will offer this as DLC?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    @Samurai_Salamander gotcha. Well, I'm all for making life easier for us content creators :P

I think the main reason most people are just happy uploading twitch highlights is that it's a really easy & quick format, compared to the dozens, if not hundreds of hours a quality, edited production might take.

Here's a couple of things for Intrepid, which I think would most speed up editing/content creation:
    • Free cinematic camera system.
    • An environment where we can import character models, preferably single color background so masking can be done with a chroma key.