Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Relics

Since the days of DAoC, I remember existing particular objects, very well defended that gifted the possessing faction particular bonuses. You would raid specific keeps, steal them, take into one of your own faction's specific keeps, We called them "relics".

We have seen in one of the latest cinematics that there may be artifacts or magical objects that could make it possible for an army to siege a city.

Could that be that, other than being destroyed before a siege to trigger it, your faction or your guild could empower your settlement with heavyly guarded, hard to get, powerful magical objects, hidden in the depths of some very deep depth, that, eventually, upon conquest of the node, could be stolen and taken away or could return to their original position or, maybe, be destroyed but regenerate in their original position when the same node will be available again (implying that there would be many relics, some for each node)?

Comments

• Options
    Yes please, I vote for this.  :o
  • Options
    ruairidh said:
    Since the days of DAoC, I remember existing particular objects, very well defended that gifted the possessing faction particular bonuses. You would raid specific keeps, steal them, take into one of your own faction's specific keeps, We called them "relics".

We have seen in one of the latest cinematics that there may be artifacts or magical objects that could make it possible for an army to siege a city.

Could that be that, other than being destroyed before a siege to trigger it, your faction or your guild could empower your settlement with heavyly guarded, hard to get, powerful magical objects, hidden in the depths of some very deep depth, that, eventually, upon conquest of the node, could be stolen and taken away or could return to their original position or, maybe, be destroyed but regenerate in their original position when the same node will be available again (implying that there would be many relics, some for each node)?
    Love it! I'd add that these objects shouldn't generate in the same place every time. Linking them to regional events would be cool, so that once a node reaches X level then an artifact will spawn somewhere in the zone of influence, hidden in a dark monster infested catacomb, or atop an insanely tall mountain guarded by fierce wyvern, etc.
  • Options
    What @lexmax said. I vote for that too.
  • Options
    you had me at powerful 
  • Options
    A world containing a number of unique, powerful relics would be a world full of thirst for power and conquest, alliances, treason...

Such narrative material. I'm crazy in love with the idea.
  • Options
    Hell, even maybe have a mechanic where relics are stealable if a skilled rogue could sneak past the guards in the city.  Or have it be a mechanic a small team could do without being in a siege environment.... and they have to get this heavy relic back to their node by foot.... the chase is on....
  • Options
    Severok said:
    Hell, even maybe have a mechanic where relics are stealable if a skilled rogue could sneak past the guards in the city.  Or have it be a mechanic a small team could do without being in a siege environment.... and they have to get this heavy relic back to their node by foot.... the chase is on....
    I can picture a giant glowing relic mysteriously floating out of the castle keep... Don't mind me, nothing to see here :no_mouth:
  • Options
    Really like this idea and if I am correct one of the videos has a predator going in and stealing what seems to be a relic and then signals a siege to cover his escape...
  • Options
    That's exactly the direction I'm hoping Intrepid is heading with regard to rewards for successfully completing raid content opened up as nodes advance.  Instead of the usual tired conga line of who gets the next BIS epic woobie, the big drop is a 'relic' as you've described which can be returned and enshrined in a node town.