Hello again. Let's have some fun.

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in The Newly Arrived
Hey guys! I'm Lilem, and you might've seen me lurking on the forum recently. I learned about the game less than a week ago — I might be living under a rock or something (being in Russia, that's expected lol). 

It didn't take much time for me to read through all the information about AoC that's currently available, and boy am I hooked on this game! Sadly, I was a bit too late to the Kickstarter party, but I hear there'll be another round directly on the game's website, so I guess I'm chilling while waiting for that to come.

Long story short: I've been a gamer since I was a kid, playing anything from platformers and fighting games to strategies and RPGs. I've come to love the latter 2 genres the most, and played a lot of games like Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Neverwinter Nights. I was still in school when WoW came out, and I started playing it around the time the Burning Crusade released. Granted, I didn't raid much till later, but I still have fond memories of these times.

Since then I've spent hundreds of hours playing various games, both multi- and singleplayer ones. I raided in WoW mainly as a healer and occasionally ranged DPS. I also combined my talent of speech and empathy and got a degree in psychology, which I then used to start working in gamedev as a community manager. I've worked for several game companies since, and I find it really interesting to see how the community will come together in such a player-driven game as AoC. Also hey @Yaviey, you're doing good!

I'm super excited for Ashes of Creation and I hope it fleshes out to be as good as the Devs tell us. I also noticed that a lot of you guys have these really nice pictures as your signatures, so I went ahead and made myself one too. 

So yeah, hello world! Hope to see you in the AoC world sometime :) 

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    @Lilem I like you already! I really feel like we have a great community already. It's going to be insane by the time the game comes out. I'm so excited!!!
  • @Soreal , I'm flattered, honestly. Everyone is so nice here, it didn't take long for me to feel like I belong here.

• Welcome to the Ashes of Creation forums!

If you need anything, don't hesitate to send me a PM or add me on Discord (Sarumonin#2103) for anything related to Ashes of Creation. 

Make sure to take a glance at our Code of Conduct and FAQs:

Community Guidelines & Code of Conduct

Technical Support FAQ

Customer Service FAQ

• I've enjoyed chatting with you on the forums already, but great to "formally" meet you @Lilem :)
  • Welcome to the community again :3 o/ Awesome to have you here :D
  • *Releases Tribbles (copyright Gene Hackman, or someone like that) to welcome the wonderful @Lilem to the forums*
  • Hihi and welcome. ❤️
  • @lexmax @Diura @Megs @Chanelle thank you so much for the warm welcome, guys!

@lexmax right back at you :)
  • I played SO MUCH Heroes of Might & Magic 2 & 3, and Neverwinter Nights. 
    Loved those games. In fact, NWN is where I first came up with my dwarven persona!

Glad to have ye aboard here, @Lilem !

• Thank you, @Rumbleforge . I'm playing HoMM3 as we speak :) Too bad that Neverwinter MMO turned out to be a corridor-only game with A LOT of cash shop.
  • How can you still be considered new? You've got 3 stars. Haha.
  • Speaking of HoMM, do you guys play King's Bounty? And all the recent remakes? It's rather addictive. 
  • @AutumnWillow , I couldn't create a new post in any category, so I didn't have the opportunity to properly introduce myself. I decided to just hang out and get to know people while I wait for solution :) Which in part is why I named the topic "Hello again".

Also I kinda powerleveled to 3 stars, I don't know why it happened so fast honestly.

And yeah, I played all the new King's Bounty games. They're really fun, but the battles get boring after a while :(
  • Oh I didn't know that you're limited to where you can create new discussions. Must be a new thing. Was just jokingly trying to chase you out of the newly arrived forums.  :p

You probably got to level 3 fast because you spoke to quite a few of the forum members and were involved in a number of discussions. It's all good :D Welcome again. 

I preferred the King's Bounty Series to to the HoMM series.
  • No harm done :) Thank you again for the warm welcome. The community here is so good.
  • Hello and welcome to Ashes, @Lilem!  
    Healer in the Wowcraft, eh?  What do you think about the system setup to choose different skill mods to your healing?  I know we have little real info on it right now, but it has me stoked for experimentation!!
  • I played SO MUCH Heroes of Might & Magic 2 & 3, and Neverwinter Nights. 
    Loved those games. In fact, NWN is where I first came up with my dwarven persona!
    There you go again @Rumbleforge with all that nostalgia <3 And your avatar too. You make me wanna cry :bawling:

• Virtek said:
      What do you think about the system setup to choose different skill mods to your healing?  I know we have little real info on it right now, but it has me stoked for experimentation!!

Ikr?????!? <3<3

edited June 2017
    Virtek said:
    Hello and welcome to Ashes, @Lilem!  
    Healer in the Wowcraft, eh?  What do you think about the system setup to choose different skill mods to your healing?  I know we have little real info on it right now, but it has me stoked for experimentation!!
    I played a lot of different games with different ways of healing, so it doesn't bother me at all. Wildstar had something similar to this, you had to build and augment your own skillset with limited slots (I belive it was 8?), so you had to change your skill panel from time to time.

The only thing that concerns me at the moment is that there's only 1 main healer archetype, as far as I know — the Cleric. We don't know what exactly will this class offer, but I'm used to having several different approaches to healing right at the character creation screen, so I don't know how this will work out. We'll see :)
  • Welcome to the AoC forums o/ 
  • @Mandii , thanks! I've been here for some time :)
  • @Lilem;

Official and belated greetings! Aren't you the lunari neutral one? I believe we've crossed paths  B)  Either way, welcome aboard once more!
  • @Solarion , correct, that's me. We've crossed them several times  B)
    edited June 2017
    Lilem said:
    Virtek said:
    Hello and welcome to Ashes, @Lilem!  
    I played a lot of different games with different ways of healing, so it doesn't bother me at all. Wildstar had something similar to this, you had to build and augment your own skillset with limited slots (I belive it was 8?), so you had to change your skill panel from time to time.

The only thing that concerns me at the moment is that there's only 1 main healer archetype, as far as I know — the Cleric. We don't know what exactly will this class offer, but I'm used to having several different approaches to healing right at the character creation screen, so I don't know how this will work out. We'll see :)
    I loved me some Wildstar!!  Combat was super fun.  Engi tank and Esper healer were my two mains.

Well....technically, there will be 8 different archetypes for healing, in the end.  It's just the base class that you start with will be bland and vanilla for everyone, until you can get the secondary class.  Then it should get interesting!
  • @Virtek I was an esper healer too. The animations were just too good to pass! But honestly, I ultimately couldn't like the game as much as I wanted to, and ended up dropping it soon after reaching max level with my esper. Never actually did veteran dungeons (partly because of the huge queue times) or got attuned to start participating in raids. A pity, really.

As for AoC, I heard that the main class will determine most of the features, while secondary class will simply augment them. If this is not the case, then I'm really intrigued!
  • @Lilem
    That's true, secondary class augments skills of primary class.  That's how it is said to work, anyway.  They might change that down the road.  
    Either way, it creates new ways for the skills to function.  An example they gave is that a Tank/Cleric would be able to cast self-heals, as the cleric secondary changes the way the tank primary skills work.

With that type of mechanic, a basic cleric HoT could turn into a gremlin that runs around and heals the most wounded players in the party if you choose summoner secondary.  If you choose mage, perhaps a big heal turns into a ball of healing magic that does splash healing.   Those two, sadly, aren't examples Intrepid supplied...just me theory crafting on potential augmentation.  Either way, it still illustrates how augmenting skills can create vastly different methods of playing a class. 

Also, for Wildstar:  If you enjoy raiding or dungeon running at all, you missed out on some of the best parts of the game.  Sadly, queue times were a bit long if you rocketed to max level or ended up on a low pop server at first.  They eventually combined everything into one PvE server and one PvP server.  It's worth dipping back into it if you're bored sometime.  I can even get you hooked up with my old guild for help running the bigger stuff and reducing your queue times
    edited June 2017
    @Virtek the way you describe it sounds really intriguing, honestly! But I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. I always prefer class capable of at least some self-sustain (for easier solo time), or straight up hybrid classes, like druid in WoW. Having extra options and being able to change on the fly feels really good.

I don't think I'll return to Wildstar any time soon, honestly. I tried to love this game, but something's just not there, and this makes me a bit sad. Stormtalon (the first dungeon) and other dungeons I've completed were super fun though, and refreshingly hard to complete.

I put a lot of work into my household in Wildstar though, so feel free to check out my plot if you want to :) The name's Vieru Soothsayer on Jabbit (EU).
  • @Lilem
    Yeah, WS definitely isn't for everyone.  I got burned out on it a bit, myself.  When they went f2p, they started concentrating on the cash shop more than game content for a good bit of time.  

hehe.  I got really into the housing stuff there when I first started.  Then I just stopped messing with it.  Always saying "I'll spruce it up tomorrow" and never doing it.  My guild leader though...oh man....he made some kinda crazy theme park-like fortress with giant trees and carnival rides and constructed an arcade out of random spare parts.  Guy's bananas
  • *Grabby hands towards scarfies.*
    Hello there! Passing by to a older new to give love to Journey (*’∀’人)♥
  • @Virtek I went full Aurin on my houseplot and made it into a giant grove, with a house situated in the roots of an enormous mangrove tree.

...Then they made plots bigger, and I've yet to fill the empty space around the edges.

@Illrathuleon always a pleasure to meet a fellow traveller.(◕‿◕✿)