Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PHASE 2 XANDAL'S REST - Community Help Reqd

SO...CONGRATULATIONS to @Grisu for coming up with the winning Inn name, you have all spoken and the official Inn Franchise name is going to be "Xandal's Rest". I think we have @DeathsProxy to thank for the popularity of the sandal meme because of his video. It wasn't my first choice, but I am all for the people who will be visiting these fine establishments all around the game worlds in the various servers. 

I will be contacting Grisu for his prize, and now will begin phase 2 of Xandal's Rest, the banner and logo designs. 

I will be calling upon all of you talented (and talentless) souls to create 2 things-
1. The first thing I require is a banner (think rectangular forum signature size)
2. The second thing is a corresponding logo (think square display picture size)

The banner can be as creative or bland as you like, but must include "Xandal's Rest" text in a visible font/colour. For the logo, picture old signpost hangings visible from the road outside a tavern/inn.  See >> this link << for Google image examples. It must include "Xandal's Rest" text and a relevant logo image

If you would like inspiration, and for those who don't know what this thread is about
Xandal's Rest is a freehold inn, but not just any freehold inn. It has been community created and they will all be community run. You will find them everywhere in the game once it has been released, no matter the server. Xandal's Rest will be a place that accepts anyone and everyone. Should you require the purchase of goods to aid your adventures, a place to rest and recover, somewhere to congregate and enjoy parlour games, roleplay, or should you fancy a companion for questing, fighting, or some good old hanky panky, Xandal's Rest will be there to fulfil all of your needs (figuratively and literally). 

Once I have received sufficient submissions, I will get them narrowed down to 10 via an independent process, and begin taking votes. The winning designs will be used and seen throughout the Ashes world in all of the servers (trust me this will be a thing, I already have franchisees). The author of the winning entry will also win a prize. 

If you don't think that you're graphically talented, that's fine, I want to see your Microsoft Paint drawings, you never know, yours might just be a winner!

As in previous posts, I am still accepting franchisees and I am still looking for a franchise manager for Europe (already got one for USA and I will be the OCE franchise manager). 
The benefit of being a franchisee is that you will be licensed to own your very own Xandal's Rest freehold inn. Your name, server and inn location will be uploaded onto a website (pending), and people will want to flock to your establishment due to the brand recognition that the name offers. You will never be short of customers for goods, parlour game players, RP'ers, harem hirers and adventurers alike. Either pm me or find me in Discord for more information or to apply. I am taking serious applications only (as I said, I plan to make this an ACTUAL thing).

Good luck to you all and thank you in advance for your submissions.

Comments

• Options
     B) Congrats
  • Options
     B) Congrats
    congrats to me or to Grisu?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017

Created a little crappy paint picture but it gets the idea across! I wanted to add the bard/musical play on words with a rest symbol. (though this is only a quarter rest... but if it were a full rest you'd be sleeping all day!)

*Edit my crop job wasn't the greatest at the top. Whoops!
  • Options
    Nevermuse said:

Created a little crappy paint picture but it gets the idea across! I wanted to add the bard/musical play on words with a rest symbol. (though this is only a quarter rest... but if it were a full rest you'd be sleeping all day!)

I like it, but you need to up the lewdness by oh 45%! This is Xan's place we're talking about!
  • Options
    Will you serve mozzarella sticks?
  • Options
    Wreyna said:
    Nevermuse said:

I like it, but you need to up the lewdness by oh 45%! This is Xan's place we're talking about!
    I found it a difficult task to find Orc Boob clipart while at work. Had to go a bit more PG. Lol
  • Options
    Nothing to do with Proxy, the legendary Discord message was memeified the moment it hit us.

Anyway, good luck with your project, glad I was of help and contributed a little bit to it :3

• Options
    This thread is already comedic gold. Also..I love how Wyrena is already telling people to put more of a stank in it, and "Orc Boob clipart" is definitely NSFW. @Zara