Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Do you think that BoP gear that drops from corrupted players be destroyed?

I believe that BoP gear should not be destroyed when corrupted players die.  It is less punishing to the corrupted player and more punishing to the bounty hunter.  Instead it should drop and be able to be picked up from the Bounty hunters but they can't use it.  Instead they will be able to sell it to a vendor, disenchant it, or sell it back to the player for in game currency and or goods. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    It's my understanding that there will be very little (if anything) in this game that's either BoP or BoE....
    Though I'm often mistaken :)

• Options
    I hope there isn't BoP or any bound items at all.
  • Options
    Megs said:
    It's my understanding that there will be very little (if anything) in this game that's either BoP or BoE....

I heard the same thing so you might be right this time ;)
  • Options
    Neviathan said:
    Megs said:

I heard the same thing so you might be right this time ;)
    Happy happy about this, going to celebrate!
  • Options
    Heh, If I had a say I'd make PK as painful as possible. But that, of course, is just my personal opinion. :)
  • Options
    From da devz:
    Will gear be bind on equip?

Generally, no.
    Doesn't say anything about BoP, but I assume it's the same.

This is good news!
  • Options
    Heh, If I had a say I'd make PK as painful as possible. But that, of course, is just my personal opinion. :)
    It's going to be brutally painful! Not only will PKers get flagged with corruption, which makes them highly visible to every bounty hunter in the region, each time they gank they lose a percentage from all of their stats until they are pretty much unable to attack or defend themselves! Can't wait to see a level 1 player wasting a max level PKer :naughty:
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    It's going to be brutally painful! Not only will PKers get flagged with corruption, which makes them highly visible to every bounty hunter in the region, each time they gank they lose a percentage from all of their stats until they are pretty much unable to attack or defend themselves! Can't wait to see a level 1 player wasting a max level PKer :naughty:
    Ohhhhhhhhhh I wanna be there!
  • Options
    lexmax said:

Haha. Yes. It would be. Innocent ganking is not something I personally like to see, or wish to partake in (or be a victim of  :s )

Hence my vote on the brutally painful punishment, heh heh. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Devs stated in a Stream that there will be none or rarely any Bind on Equip gear.  If you are corrupt you deserve to lose everything.
  • Options
    The very concept of Item binding is an old fashioned system that actually prevents the game world from evolving and removes any significance to character death. Burn it I say. I'm hoping they make gear and level far less significant than player all anyway. A level one player should be able to kill a level 100 player if that level 100 player is stupid enough to leave themselves exposed to attack.
  • Options
    So I fully support the corruption system because the intent for it is to lessen unwanted PvP (aka ganking).

I don't think we honestly know enough to say, and as many have said already, Intrepid had stated BoE is not really a thing.

But from my understanding, the items dropped when you kill a corrupt player is mostly resources with s chance for gear to drop.
  • Options
    If it drops while bound. It should. Thats the risk.
  • Options
    If its basic items sure but if its a epic item that has taken you days to farm and make then I would say that's a huge turn off
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Gaining corruption is intended to be a huge turn off. lmao
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    maybe for you but for me its sexy 

• Options
    Dygz said:
    Indeed... It will be interesting to see how "naturally" corrupt archetypes will work with this.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Im realllly not liking the corruption system. 
    So when you go out on a killing spree you cant defend yourself while escaping? Pretty lame if you ask me. I say trash that system all together. If pvp is really skill based like they say... then no need to lose stats. Dropping gear i love though. Should drop on ground for first person who picks it up. Also i dont like that you can tell someone is in pk mode. So lame...i really want to like this game. But a weak pk system kills it for me. Its why ive been away from mmo's for so long. Open world pvp. You cab only run dungeons and craft for so long. But making enemies and allies that are constantly at war in open world keeps things fun.
    I really wanna make this game my long term game. But with weak pk. I cannot.
    I dont like organized pvp much. Theres no thrills, no risk in it, no up's (getting somes gear) no down's (losing your own gear) no heart beating out of your chest while in a state you can lose gear. No enemies hunting you, no allies or friends running to help you. No wars in the open world. :(
  • Options
    There will be plenty of open world PvP opportunities in Ashes. The thing the devs are opposed to is murder box PK, which is a form of griefing rather than competitive PvP.
    If you haven't already, take look at the plans for open world PvP
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Far too many penalties for fun pvp.

Players gain a drop % on each item they are currently wearing as well as in their inventory

So you cant even kill 1 person and you can lose gear. Why not 3 or 4?
    Why even pk once then, considering you have to die to get rid of corruption. So basically you cant even kill 1 person a month. Or even go lvl or hunt cause bounty hunters will come find you from a kill hours or weeks ago.

A player's ability to function in battle is decreased as they gain more and more corruption.

So you basically become useless if your having a war.
    Or kill a team of people say stealing a lvling spot your using. 

Only way to remove corruption is to die
    1. Players may need to die multiple times to get rid of that corruption
    So i have to lose exp to get rid of corruption, uneqip items so dont drop etc etc.

Might as well take pk out of the game at this point. 

But ill keep abd open mind and deff gunna play. I also supported aoc. I really wanna like it. And play it. 

And im all for protecting against griefing. But at the same time i play games for the thrill of pvp. I dont spend 100's of hours of building gear and skill to kill AI monsters. 

• Options
    You only get corruption penalties for killing non-combatants. You can have as much fun open world PvP as you like with people who want to do the same.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    That makes it better. I just think after multiple kills is when corruption should start. Makes boss campers and spawn stealers  invincible. And needs a different way to lower corruption besides dying. Like it lowers as you kill mobs, or just over time. 
    But aoc still looks amazing. 

• Options
    edited June 2017
    No, any bound items have been bound for a reason. To find a way to transfer it (chaotic death or not) is introducing a loop hole to the system

I voted yes originally, then I actually thought about it. I regret it and take back my answer now LOL
  • Options
    Far too many penalties for fun pvp.

Players gain a drop % on each item they are currently wearing as well as in their inventory

So you cant even kill 1 person and you can lose gear. Why not 3 or 4?
    Why even pk once then, considering you have to die to get rid of corruption. So basically you cant even kill 1 person a month. Or even go lvl or hunt cause bounty hunters will come find you from a kill hours or weeks ago.

A player's ability to function in battle is decreased as they gain more and more corruption.

So you basically become useless if your having a war.
    Or kill a team of people say stealing a lvling spot your using. 

Only way to remove corruption is to die
    1. Players may need to die multiple times to get rid of that corruption
    So i have to lose exp to get rid of corruption, uneqip items so dont drop etc etc.

Might as well take pk out of the game at this point. 

But ill keep abd open mind and deff gunna play. I also supported aoc. I really wanna like it. And play it. 

And im all for protecting against griefing. But at the same time i play games for the thrill of pvp. I dont spend 100's of hours of building gear and skill to kill AI monsters. 

No, This system is identical to Lineage 2's system and I LOVED it.

I think your looking to much into it, losing some XP to prove a point is well worth it. Usually you can get the others to flag as long as you didn't show up with 2x as many players in your party. There has to be some sort of justice for players who want to kill players.

Dropping gear is what brings high levels to protect low levels from chaotic players. There is no other system I have seen in open PvP that protects the lower levels so well as this does. This system works too well for me to agree with you.

The part I disagree with is to die is the only way. Lineage 2 allowed you to grind it off. Granted, you had a long grind to rid of the chaotic state and had to do so without another player finding you, being chaotic is like being flagged... You can be hit by debuffs which normally a player can't use on you unless your flagged (this is due to griefing and debuffing for mobs to kill a player). Also, you can now can be attacked by "green" players without them flagging at all. In order to defend yourself you HAVE to kill more. This to me just creates a fun challenge and adds to the whole experience. I'm hoping they allow you to grind it off even if it takes hours to do so
  • Options
    That makes it better. I just think after multiple kills is when corruption should start. Makes boss campers and spawn stealers  invincible. And needs a different way to lower corruption besides dying. Like it lowers as you kill mobs, or just over time. 
    But aoc still looks amazing. 

Just to clarify from the information provided by the Devs, the spawn points for players, bosses and mobs are random. 

• Options
    nagash said:
    Dygz said:
    maybe for you but for me its sexy 
    I'm wondering if the Ashes lore includes good undead, like Edward and Stephen and Jean-Claude. Without corruption.