Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Combat = martial and ranged/spellcasting

How much do you intrepid studios will prioritize combat animations, mechanics and responsiveness?

For me this is super imprtant and it makes or breaks the game for me. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Do you mean the physics behind it?
  • Options
    I think combat is one of the most anticipated aspects of Ashes, from our community perspective. I think the idea of a hybrid tab-targeting/action combat style has been indicated, but as to the responsiveness and fluidity of combat, that remains to be seen :)

Having said that, I hope they do not introduce animation canceling in this game.
  • Options
    Combat animations seem quite robust from what we've seen so far.
    Perhaps a more detailed critique of the gameplay vids would help us understand your concerns?
  • Options
    Yeah physics for example, like the general feel of it. It needs to feel realistic and I want my slashes and casts to actually matter and feel like they do impact the victim. Needs to be smooth and the slash movements etc needs to look realistic imo 
  • Options
    Yeah u mean the Combat we've seen so far is just alpha so we can't say how it will look when it's all ready etc
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but i can't take you seriously with a name like that.

I tried, but nope.
  • Options
    I'm still repeating, based on one of the dev streams talking about the unreal engine 4, they mentioned that some of the best fighting mechanic games for the 'feel' that have been made in recent years, have been made on previous versions of ue.

So don't think there'll be any worries :)
  • Options
    Fantastic! :) Thanks!
  • Options
    I would like to see a "finishing" effect. Such as a mage casts a fireball that is going to be the final hit on a player, the player ragdolls and the fireball continues to carry their body off into the distance  :D:D
  • Options
    I would like to see a "finishing" effect. Such as a mage casts a fireball that is going to be the final hit on a player, the player ragdolls and the fireball continues to carry their body off into the distance  :D:D
    up up and away! And then, with a snap of the fingers...fireworks! Wooohooo!
  • Options
    brilliant ideas haha!
  • Options
    I would love to see a group of books circling around you while you cast spells or summon minions as I'm sick of seeing staffs all the time