Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Information] Monster Coins

Everything in this thread is subject to change as and when new information is released during the upcoming months. I’m a single dwarf and gathering this information and pulling together takes time so *gives a jug of ale* be patient!

This is not a discussion thread! This is information that I’ve collected from Streams (still to catch up with more). Discord answers still need to be added and more threads on various topics to come (like Trade/Leveling/Gear etc)! I'm working hard! I'm aware documents exist already but wanted something for the forums!

Monster coins allow players to play on the monster's side. Events will occur naturally in response to a community trigger in the area. The event is like a "monster siege on a node" and it is best described using an example - something in the world triggers zombies to attack a node - these zombies are coming whether you like it or not, a player can use a monster coin that lets them be one of these zombies - giving defenders even more meaning to defend the zone.

You gain a monster “rep” when you use coins which you can progress for unique cosmetics (no pay to win items). Monster “events” scale up alongside the node too so bigger badder monsters can attack a node up to a dragon! If you’ve earned enough monster ‘rep’ you can use a coin to become the dragon.

You can not use a monster coin on a node in which you are a citizen of - therefore giving more meaning for you to defend your node!

Comments

• See this is the best part of the game for me as I may be able to get my new skin ^^
  • I'm hoping to use my monster coin to control @nagash. You know, turn the tables for once :smirk:
  • Nagash does not follow nagash leads *cough* sorry about that. it seems i have been spending to much time with @Umji
  • Love the idea of monster coins, i mean, AoC has really opened up a lot of options for players with the way they are handling PvP and being a "good person" or "bad person" and with these dynamics in the game, well, its not of matter of being an evil person, you are just trying out features / content that may appeal to you. I'm interested to know if the monster coins will be trade-able /  sell-able. Keep me posted on this. Thanks
  • I'd want to see more on the lore behind the coins, or if they do tie into the AoC lore at all, such as maybe it's something in the coin that causes your character to become this monstrosity.
  • SKINS YES.

MORE THE MERRY!~

MONSTER YES.

SCARY SCARY SCARY~!
  • So.. If i'm a monster, and I PK a monster... Do I get corruption?
  • There is some more info on this page, that you can add to your post
     http://www.aocwiki.net/Monster_Tokens