Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Information] Class and Skills

Everything in this thread is subject to change as and when new information is released during the upcoming months. I’m a single dwarf and gathering this information and pulling together takes time so *gives a jug of ale* be patient!

This is not a discussion thread! This is information that I’ve collected from Streams (still to catch up with more). Discord answers still need to be added and more threads on various topics to come (like Trade/Leveling/Gear etc)! I'm working hard! I'm aware documents exist already but wanted something for the forums!

Skills will be “contained” on your bar. Your skill book will be “less than 30” and will be restricted to your bar - but does not mean there will be a lack of choice and variety. These skills will be enough to reflect tactics and strategy but the exact number of skills required is still being worked on.

There may be “exceptional” response skills which are more utility based that can be used in certain scenarios - which will be separate from the “contained” bar.

When you create your character you’ll choose your primary class. There are 8 archetypes Fighter, Rogue, Cleric, Bard, Mage, Summoner, Tank and Ranger.

As you develop your character there will be an opportunity to choose a secondary archetype. You can choose to double up on your primary archetype  e.g tank/tank or choose a different secondary archetype e.g tank/mage in which you adopt a flavour from the secondary archetype.

The secondary archetype augments your primary “contained skills”.

You choose what “augment flavour” (multiple choices) you want to enhance your primary skill with giving players a wide variety of choices on how to enhance their primary skills.

You will not be adopting the secondary archetype - you're taking remnants. Therefore the “role” of your archetype will always be the primary archetype choice - but how it performs will be influenced by your secondary archetype.

Doubling up on an archetype is for those that want to dedicate themselves to that primary archetype  e.g tank/tank will still have secondary augments that would apply if you went mage/tank, bard/tank but those ?/tank secondary will instead further enhance your Tankiness - “solidify you in that role” - it will define how you want to play that role. E.g a Tank/rogue might be more of an evasion tank rather than a tank/tank

There is a total of 64 class combinations.

You can change your secondary archetype but it is still being discussed if there will ever be an opportunity to change your primary archetype.

We will learn more about archetypes once the classes are fit enough for showing. This is part of their open window development plan.

Race will affect your archetype and will function similarly to the secondary archetype system as “racial augments” and will not mean the classes are going to be race locked.

They are also looking a religious augments that may come with progression in the religion mechanics.

Comments

• Heya, Again, keeping up with your posts on my day off. You are a very active poster and for folks out there, no i am not a bot lol. I hope that you will be a guest on the guild fair, would love to hear your ideas on things discussed there that may not be in the threads.
  • Totally agree with him, I can't wait to see what else you've got to bring to the table <3
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I'm commenting here because there isn't an Awesome button. 

Awesome summary @Diura :smile:
  • Diura said:

This is not a discussion thread! 

@Diura, your Scottish is showing.  :P  LOL!

These were helpful to me: