Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

21:9

Will we have game play support for our Ultra wide monitors?

Comments

• Options
    Considering it's coming out in two years, I will be shocked if 21:9 is not supported :)
  • Options
    Ghyx said:
    Considering it's coming out in two years, I will be shocked if 21:9 is not supported :)
    We may even have flying cars by then!
  • Options
    I certainly hope so considering that is what I use on all my computers
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Unreal Engine supports 21:9 or any aspect ratio the devs want, so I'm guessing Yep.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Ghyx said:
    Like "Back to the future" predicted ? 
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Ghyx said:
    Like "Back to the future" predicted ? 
  • Options
    Hope so, I assume so
  • Options
    I feel like they should already be the norm... I want to be able to use all 3 of mine without cutting the top/bottom or having to stretch the screen. I don't think this is going to happen but it would be amazing
  • Options
    But the question is, will the game support my Tamagotchi display?  :|
  • Options
    Deyarn said:
    Giga Pets were so much more hardcore
  • Options
    Deyarn said:
    I hope it does. :smiley:
  • Options
    I sure hope it does and we won't have to force it through some config file. Lol.
  • Options
    The real question:
    Will it support 32:9? ^^
  • Options
    Herdo said:
    The real question:
    Well, there goes this weeks paycheck... 
  • Options
    Herdo said:
    The real question:
    Lol, I hope not... I only bought my 21:9 half a year ago.  :s
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Herdo said:
    The real question:

@RootedBane @AutumnWillow

Oh, it's just 1499 € :D C'mon - you know you need it! :P

Samsung CHG90

I guess there'll be nothing more epic than playing AoC on this beast? :3

• Options
    Herdo said:
    Herdo said:
    The real question:

@RootedBane @AutumnWillow

Oh, it's just 1499 € :D C'mon - you know you need it! :P

Samsung CHG90

I guess there'll be nothing more epic than playing AoC on this beast? :3

Oh... You thought I was going to get just one? I don't do "single" monitors...  :D Funny part is I'm not joking LOL. I'll post pics after my desk is built. 
  • Options

My current Frankenstein of a desktop. It looks like I might need a 32:9....
  • Options
    I currently run dual 23.6" monitors.  But I would love to get a couple nice curved 34" monitors for @Isende and myself.  That's the issue in our house.  The budget has to accomodate two avid gamers.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @AutumnWillow
    :lol:
    But....That wallpaper!!!!!
     My work setup, I work in Afghanistan so a bit far from my gaming rig..
    (not allowed to show the blocked screen)

@Possum
    I feel your pain, the i9 release isn't helping any either
  • Options

My current Frankenstein of a desktop. It looks like I might need a 32:9....
     @AutumnWillow I'm fine with my dual 21:9 on a table mount :D

• Options
    I like that table mount. I might have to consider getting one of those one day. are you able to bring the monitors closer to you away from the edge of the table?

*Starts googling for table mounts
  • Options
    Nope, sadly not - this screen mount is for maximum 34" screens. Due to the screens being 21:9 but only being 29", they are the furthest way pulled out. If I'd pull them out any further, they would have a 180° angle between them (flat view). This sucks xD
  • Options
    I always get single mounts, even if I need to buy multiple. I just bought a $60 one (listed as amazon choice). It's not in my picture but I set it up 2 days ago. Unless it's going to give up on me and crash my screen into the desk... I love it
  • Options
    I use desk-mounted arms as well.  I dislike monitor stands taking up space on my desk.
  • Options
    I've been asking for a second monitor for a while now (*coughs in @Possum's direction). However, new house plus bigger bills plus so on and so forth ... *sigh*

I'm still stuck with one little monitor. I think part of the problem is that we are talking about getting the larger, curved monitors ... so why spend money until we know how we want to spend it?

Additionally, I have my desk in the center of my room, and it's glass, so mounting will be fun. Not impossible, but fun, certainly.
  • Options
    Isende said:
    I've been asking for a second monitor for a while now (*coughs in @Possum's direction). However, new house plus bigger bills plus so on and so forth ... *sigh*

I'm still stuck with one little monitor. I think part of the problem is that we are talking about getting the larger, curved monitors ... so why spend money until we know how we want to spend it?

Additionally, I have my desk in the center of my room, and it's glass, so mounting will be fun. Not impossible, but fun, certainly.
    To be clear, her "one little monitor" is 23.6".  Don't want anyone thinking I've stuck her with a 19" or anything silly like that.  :P
  • Options
    I would hope so. Still shocked that some very popular games still don't. Considering I game on a 21:9, I obviously won't buy/support games that don't natively support it. Cough* Overwatch Cough*
  • Options
     I just ordered a mount off the internet... Will see if it holds my monitor up. If it doesn't I'll pass it to to my son or something. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I have a 34" curved with only 100mhz refresh. I am still trying g to convince myself I need that Samsung CHG90.  Guess I will wait until I see what graphics this game will support.