Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Information] Arena/BGs/Sieges and Party/Raid sizes and Guilds

Everything in this thread is subject to change as and when new information is released during the upcoming months. I’m a single dwarf and gathering this information and pulling together takes time so *gives a jug of ale* be patient!

This is not a discussion thread! This is information that I’ve collected from Streams (still to catch up with more). Discord answers still need to be added and more threads on various topics to come (like Trade/Leveling/Gear etc)! I'm working hard! I'm aware documents exist already but wanted something for the forums!

Because there are 8 archetypes the party size is set for 8 (for now) and for a raid the current size is 40 (which equates to 5 full parties). This is not set in stone and may change.

Because of the open world pvp and activities party sizes will be more fluid depending on the circumstance of the activity.

There is the possibility of UI being put in place to allow players to hire other players - but it will be down to the players to make that possible.

There are definatly systems in place that allow players to hire npc to aid in various activities around the world. E.g defending city walls/defending caravans/castles sieges.

Player run governments can interact from node to node which can include cooperation during events and trade mechanics and alliances when sieges come about and can equally cause conflict between the nodes creating a player run faction of sorts.

Guilds can form alliances.

Guilds can have their own guild houses and can level up their own skills associated with them. Your guild can focus on slightly larger numbers or have benefits being a smaller guild.

There are applications and benefits for both types of guild identities.

Guildless people still have identities and their interactions still influence the zone around them.

Loot Distribution - All forms of loot distribution available.

There could be a mechanic in the game that allows alliance wars.

Guild wars confirmed.

PVE leaderboard metrics for dps/heals etc groups on the server can compete for who does it best in raids etc

In arenas there will be participation ladders that reflect your skills within these systems.

In terms of Caravans there will be a pop up UI that allows to you Attack/Defend/Ignore a caravan

Killing non combatants gives you corruption to avoid gankboxing and murderboxing,

Corruption decreases your effectiveness to combat so you can’t go down a pking spree.

There will be a bounty system so for those that do acquire corruption will become a target for those that want to take out these “murderers”

In the nodes there are relics which if captured/taken initiates the siege.

For certain arena events there may be gear equalisation but not for open world PvP.

Comments

• Options
    i think the corruption is gonna make it more balanced and not like in wow where ppl can Corps camp
  • Options
    Yay, senseless violence, count me in :)