Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

SLI / Crossfire Utilization? Multi-core Utilization?

Just wanted to say to any Intrepid employee, please make this game run well with SLI or Crossfire computer systems, and also develop the game to effectively and efficiently utilize multiple cores found on every modern gaming CPU.  I understand this will take a lot of developing.  Please use our hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars from Kickstarter to fuel this, along with other important things.  I feel an MMORPG that can fully take advantage of what modern PC's can do (not use just 1 or 2 CPU cores, one GPU, or only 2 GB of VRAM) would make it TRULY groundbreaking.  That is all.  Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Well, the good news is that Unreal Engine 4 finally added SLI support earlier this year, with UE4.15.   So, hopefully this bodes well for Ashes development.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/02/unreal-engine-4-15-switch-hdr-sli-details/

• Options
    Great info.  Thanks
  • Options
    Arkero said:
    Just wanted to say to any Intrepid employee, please make this game run well with SLI or Crossfire computer systems, and also develop the game to effectively and efficiently utilize multiple cores found on every modern gaming CPU.  I understand this will take a lot of developing.  Please use our hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars from Kickstarter to fuel this, along with other important things.  I feel an MMORPG that can fully take advantage of what modern PC's can do (not use just 1 or 2 CPU cores, one GPU, or only 2 GB of VRAM) would make it TRULY groundbreaking.  That is all.  Thanks.
    I would hope so... For all of us dropping 2k on that i9 candy  :D

as for SLI, I honestly have never needed SLI nor have I seen anything more than 25% performance increase from it... I don't see how the 1080 won't be able to handle this exceptionally well, let alone whatever card is out at the time of release