Well met, fellow posters.

I've seen a good amount of your posts and such during my time of "lurking", and this sort of post has been done before, but what is your favorite crafting/artisan skill or class when it comes to MMORPGs and such. Of course if you don't have one, then why or what do you prefer to spend that time doing?

For starters, as much as I love doing dungeons or group pvp battles, Alchemy is my love. Potions and poisons (especially when playing as a rogue :p) Gathering could sometimes get stale, but nonetheless there are flowers to be picked and roots to be dug if you're going to make a nice potion/poison. In AoC however I plan on focussing on mastering the potion making itself and only putting some mild focus in gathering/refining.

Comments

• Hello and welcome! Enjoy your stay, but fair warning. There is a foul Lich among us! Do not trust his words, for he is an evil creature, and as such, cannot be listened to!
  • @Krojak Well thank you for the warning, my paladin. Worry not though, I have seen of him and his amongst the forums. I feel I can handle myself, but I thank you much for your concern. May your path stay true, and the light remain yours~
  • Oh sure pick on the dead guy that's just peachy
  • Heya @I_Am_Sithis, welcome to the community. I've always felt a soft spot for carpentry and 
    tailoring in game. Especially if they have the ability to craft cosmetic items like social clothing or furniture.

Probably due to the positive interactions I've had with social crafters in my early days of playing mmos. Going to a tailors or an architect, seeing all the amazing things they can craft... 
  • Well met!
  • Asides from gathering I love alchemy :3 I like making pots for my guild to give them extra boosts in game ^^ wish I liked cooking but do too much of that in rl xD
  • Sounds good to me, I'm a fan of leather working in games, as if you want a good piece of armor make it yourself. @AutumnWillow

Hello to you too, @nagash
  • And the same to you, friend. @Welphgryn
  • Hello sithis
  • Welcome.
    In EQ it was fishing, in DAoC Alchemy, EQ2 I've got them all but carpentry is my favorite, GW2 Cooking, well you get the drift.  :wink:
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    @T-Elf Fishing, hmmm a (wo)man of culture, I see :p (a little unfair to say that as I enjoy trying a bit of everything despite my preference)
  • Hail, how have you been, nagash?
  • I'm doing well. How about your self?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    @T-Elf Fishing, hmmm a (wo)man of culture, I see :p (a little unfair to say that as I enjoy trying a bit of everything despite my preference)

Well in EQ I was a bearded, female, Dwarf, pally (my very first toon) and I liked her so much!  She was considered very unique at the time.  I seemed to surprise a lot of folks.  
  • I have been well, just finished the tutorial for Ashes of Creation: The Forums. I had been perusing the "guide book"/posts and reviews for a couple weeks, and heard it was pretty good so figured there were tons of talkative bards, and a few others such as yourself amongst the forums so why not get in there and announce myself after lurking for as long as I have.
  • A rogue that willingly steps out of shadows? That almost never happens. Warm welcome to you, friend.

As for your question, I've had a soft spot for enchanting for a long time, but gathering herbs and brewing potions was the profession I chose for all of my druid characters in WoW (I think I had about 6 of them?..). It'd be interesting to see how crafting works in Aoc.
  • I have been well, just finished the tutorial for Ashes of Creation: The Forums. I had been perusing the "guide book"/posts and reviews for a couple weeks, and heard it was pretty good so figured there were tons of talkative bards, and a few others such as yourself amongst the forums so why not get in there and announce myself after lurking for as long as I have.

I actually just came in here to get a look at the community and find out more info about the game... One thing lead to another (including a curiously long debate about theism) and well... Here I am... Logging and checking the forums as part of my daily ritual. 
  • Welcome @I_Am_Sithis!

I don't really have a favorite craft.  It seems to vary depending on the character I'm playing.  I am interested in seeing what the Ashes of Creation crafting has to offer us.
  • Ah,Lilem, another fellow alchemist, greetings. And sometimes the best hiding spot is being where you aren't expected as well as another nice skill for a rogue is the ability to talk your way through things, plus if I do side-jobs as a cleric I have to come into the light sometime.

Ps: Some of the shadiest acts happen closest to the light

(you can quote me on that :p<3 )
  • Hello to you as well, Possum. I can understand surveying and waiting to see what options there are.