Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[NA] Gaiscioch Looks Forward to Ashes of Creation

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited February 2018 in North American Guilds

Watch our Community Overview Video

For the past decade Gaiscioch has been searching for a game that embraces the thrill siege warfare while also keeping a foot in the world of exploring raids and dungeons. 

As a casual friendly PvX community, we've enjoyed 5 chapters (DAOC, WAR, RIFT, GW2, & ESO) over the past 15 years. We've focus a large portion of our time around hosting activities and events for the public. Many of our public community events a lot of attention from players, developers, and the press. 

Our community is based on benevolence and come time for Ashes of Creation we plan to help build a refuge for new and casual players to learn the game in a friendly environment. We will be putting together welcome kits like we have in all of our past chapters to give out to new players. In addition we will act as protectors for those braving the fronteers for the first time. 

We are a different kind of community than most are used to. We don't require players to be a part of our in game guild to enjoy the benefits of our community. All of our events are public, everyone can register to our site and get involved as much as they like. The guild tag above their head is less important to us than the smile on their face. We seek to bring enjoyment to the game and a guild tag is not required for that. 

Join the Community At:
https://aoc.gaiscioch.com

Some Gaiscioch Basics

What does Gaiscioch Mean?
TL:DR Version: From the Irish Legend in Caith Mag Tuired, they were warriors chosen by the Tuatha de Danann (Celtic Gods of Ireland) to protect them and the people of Ireland. Feel free to read the Long Version if you're up for a bit of storytelling.

When was Gaiscioch founded? 
We began November 11th 2001 in Dark Age of Camelot on the Hibernian side of the Nimue server. It began as a refuge for players that were exiled from other guilds for not being active enough. We have since committed ourselves to being welcoming to all types of players regardless of their availability.

What makes Gaiscioch unique 

We have a few things that makes us a bit different than many communities out there. 

Gaiscioch Magazine
We publish our own free gaming magazine. Gaiscioch Magazine began 3 years ago and since has interviewed all kinds of interesting people and provided some pretty handy guides. We plan to add a Ashes of Creation section if we turn this into a full chapter. 

Second we run our own charity event called the Double Up Charity Event where we host a massive toy drive for homeless and abused children. Additionally we have participated in ExtraLife for 7 years and have raised over $35,000 for the Children's Miracle Network. Kids are super close to heart for us and we continue to try to help them have a chance to make epic memories of their own.

Livestreams
We play host to a wide array of livestreams for the gaming community. From first looks, to developer interviews, to playthroughs and guides our livestream calendar is packed with 7 days of entertainment. Follow us on Twitch or YouTube

Athletics
We have several Flag-Football teams in the pacific northwest. Our competitive team has won several tournaments and championships across California, Oregon, and Washington over the 15 years we've been running the team. We have a competitive 5-man team and a casual 8-on-8 coed team but have ladies on both. In addition we have a Fitbit community that competes against one another globally.

Annual Meetups
We have annual meetups at Fado's Irish Pub in Atlanta, GA and Seattle, WA  where players can put faces to voices and share a pint over some great Irish food. Additionally we're planning our second annual European get together at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany.

How does Gaiscioch choose chapters?

This is a pretty extensive process that includes scoring the game against out 200+ point compatibility matrix. Every chapter must score 60% or higher for chapter consideration. You can review the full process in our Gaiscioch Magazine article.

What Role Will Gaiscioch Play in Ashes of Creation?

We are not coming to Ashes of Creation to Rule. We are coming to this world to lend a helping hand to those who require it. Gaiscioch as a whole will find a nation based on their kindness and benevolence. We will seek out those who wish to do others harm and protect those who fall prey to their menacing habits. We will document guides, and tutorials to help newcomers get their footing, provide a first weapon for a new adventurer as they embark on a quest, and answer questions players might have.

Our community is based on building healthy and friendly game communities. We would be overjoyed to find another group of guilds with similar perspectives who we can rally under their banner and protect their lands from invaders. We seek an honorable fight, along side a respectable nation, whose integrity is without question, so that we may create a world where all players, casual and hardcore can call home.

In addition we will play host to many public community events that will feature rewards for participants and help create a lively and healthy community within Ashes of Creation. To see our past work take a look at our community events page

We may not be the biggest guild, or the most ferocious guild, but we will be a name known far and wide as a community that will go out of their way to help a stranger. If you need us we're here for you regardless of what tag is above your head. We are here to serve.

How do I get involved ?

Simply visit us at our homepage or on Discord (redirects to discord quick link)

Feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions. I'll be expanding this post over time.

Comments

• Options
    Greetings everyone! In the overflowing bucket of sub par MMOs that put more focus on encouraging griefing, solo gameplay, and antisocial behaviour, a shining light of hope came across the horizon in the form of Ashes of Creation. Since introduced our community has looked to it cautiously. We had high hopes for ao many before yet had our heart broken. Could this be the home weve been searching for. On paper it looks like it but how will it be in practice? Only time will tell. Until then we will be covering Ashes of Creation in Gaiscioch Magazine (http://gsch.info/mag) and watching it closely in the Gaiscioch Community. (http://gsch.info) Heres hoping their plans become a reality and we find that home weve been searching for since we left Dark Age of Camelot. Feel free to join us on our discord by visiting http://gsch.info/voice We'll be seeing you! Foghladha
  • Options
    [quote quote=4331]In the overflowing bucket of sub par MMOs that put more focus on encouraging griefing, solo gameplay, and antisocial behaviour, a shining light of hope came across the horizon in the form of Ashes of Creation.
    [/quote]
    ^This!

Welcome to the community fellow DAoC veteran. :)
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more with MMOs encouraging solo play it seems too often good group mechanics in MMOs are dumbed down to be made trivial to the point where everything in world is killable by running through everything wildly swinging your sword in front of you. I am enjoying how this game is developing so far and am just as cautiously hopefull for what Ashes of Creation will become. Welcome.
  • Options
    Thanks for the Warm Welcomes :). Great to see so many faces from Camelot over here.

You guys might enjoy a little read about what the Gaiscioch Community looks for in its chapter selection process. We send MMO's through a pretty rigorous scorecard process to identify MMO's with the best chance of survivability. Please keep in mind. This is not the magic recipe for a successful MMO. This is purely from our experience what features help keep OUR community alive and active in a game. This has been compiled over 15 years of experiencing different things and watching great mmos kill themselves by changing core features.

<strong>Gaiscioch Reveal its Chapter Selection Process</strong>
    http://gsch.info/a/156168

The Good News is so far Ashes of Creation is living up to most of this scorecard. There's still a lot of areas they haven't talked about so it's too soon to tell, but it is the closest we've come to finding a chapter 6 for our 15 year old gaming community. Things are looking really good so far. As long as they don't make some crazy announcement that you'll gain extra loot for beating up people who are trying to quest in the newbie zone we should be good. Gaiscioch doesn't tolerate griefing nor will we support a game that rewards it.
  • Options
    +1 
  • Options
    I first stumbled into Gaiscioch in Warhammer Online when my server was merged with theirs. Warhammer Online was among the first MMO's to encourage co-operative play (outside Dungeons and Raids), but many guilds back then were still locked in a competitive mindset, only interested in looking after themselves. In Realm vs Realm (large scale PvP zones), this was especially problematic, and there were an army of random PUGs who were left relatively useless in the war at large, because organised guilds refused to work with them.

When Gaiscioch came into the picture, things changed dramatically in large scale PvP. Instead of keeping to themselves like other guilds were doing, they opened up their warbands (24-man groups) to everyone - providing the previously shunned PUGs the leadership and co-ordination they craved and turning them into a worthy force on the battlefield. I fought regularly alongside Gaiscioch in Warhammer Online for another 2 years, in all areas of the game, and they never once cared that I flew the banner of another guild all that time. When they left Warhammer for Rift, I made a point of moving with them and officially joining the guild.

Gaiscioch have continued to impress me ever since in their willingness to work in collaboration with other guilds in games, with the aim to benefit the gaming community as a whole, rather than in competition for their own interest. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Gaiscioch could potentially accomplish in a worthy open world environment like Ashes of Creation that encourages a community mindset.
  • Options
    Come meet us this Friday at the Ashes of Creation Guild Faire! Hosted live in Discord
  • Options
    Looking forward to the meet and greet this Friday. Stop by the "Booth" and ask a few questions or just say HI. ....good hunting....
  • Options
    Thank you for checking out the Ashes of Community stream. If you missed us, learn more about the Gaiscioch family at: http://gsch.info or on Twitch at: http://gsch.info/twitch.  Come ask questions or watch our stream.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed your interview.   I see you have meetups on the East and West coast.  How are your member numbers in the Central Time Zone?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I really enjoyed your interview.   I see you have meetups on the East and West coast.  How are your member numbers in the Central Time Zone?
    Our membership is global. From 7AM PT - 9PM PT is our peak time. We dip a bit overnight but overall we've got a good healthy number of people throughout the day. You can see our event lineup which might illuminate the active event times. Being mindful that the scheduled events only make up 20% of the actual events being run. https://www.gaiscioch.com/events/

Also of interest. Our Demographics page :) https://www.gaiscioch.com/about/demographics.html
  • Options
    Thank you for the links.   I enjoyed the demographics page.   Nice to see there are several Missourians!  You are definitely at the front of my very short list of guilds to research.   
  • Options
    There has been quite the lengthy discussion about Max Guild Sizes and Character Based vs Account Based Guild Membership. Based on the most recent developer posts we will be looking at Creating the Gaiscioch Alliance which will be the shell for multiple Gaiscioch na X sub-guilds. We will be using alliance chat as Guild Chat and work on balancing out all of the sub-guilds to keep progression similar. It will be a bit of a challenge but it can be done and we did it before in Warhammer Online without issue. The Alliance chat makes all the difference.
  • Options
    Still planning to play Ashes?
  • Options
    We are definitely interested in turning this into our next chapter. The only hesitation we have is if we can fit and still play together. The Guild Cap is going to bring problems to our community as it is now, however if we can manage to find a viable work around or they increase the cap then it might be plausible.

The key is that we aren't forced to kick casual players because they can't play everyday. As long as we're able to allow people to play on their schedule we'll be happy. We'd sooner not play than be forced to be the very thing we were created to stand against.

Regardless, Gaiscioch will be in AoC in some form or another. If we don't go full chapter we'll still have a social adventure (recreational group) here. We've got 100+ who are avidly looking forward to this and have invested quite a lot into crowdfunding it.
  • Options
    Really interested in chatting more. I joined the Discord, but there doesn't seem to be an AoC channel yet. Where is the best place to go? I'm also an ESO player, but on sabbatical from it at present. Have also played GW2 a long time ago, but probably not going back to it. Hear from you... :)
  • Options
    Greetings Canterbury,
    We have many hidden channels that players can opt into. 

1. Join our discord at: http://gsch.info/voice (will redirect to discord link)
    2. Type "+ranks" to see a list of ranks you can join
    3. Type "+rank AOC" to join the Ashes of Creation rank which will make the AoC channels visable to you.

Look forward to chatting with you. Im currently on the final leg of a business trip and will be back at the desk come monday. Come stop by and say hi, I'd love to chat with you.

Foghladha
  • Options
    With love, I present you a Karthos Original Guild Slogan.

"Gaiscioch: Our guild is like determining the Half-Life 3 release date. It's hard to say."
  • Options
    Updated the profile a bit.
  • Options
    So. Good to see the guild again. HIB Nimue here. Hibs rule btw. Used to be a part of Gaiscioch on Nimue. My wife and I met in Coruscating Mines lol. Hope to see y'all in AoC as well. My wife and I ran Elma Nosse on the server. Again, I really hope to see y'all on the server and to be a part of you guys again.