Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hello?

I am new to MMORPGs  However, I have played a lot of Battlefield as well as Forza. Many years ago I also played RuneScape. When it was old-school back in 2007. I just heard about this so I figured with my goofy self I could have fun and maybe make other players have a laugh or two...on my quest to become the worst best mage in the game? 

In life I am active duty U.S Air Force. My career field is 2W0X1. I am also a part time student trying to earn a Bachelor's in Environmental Science. I love to restore older cars, make music, write, and I have also done a bit of wine/mead making. 

Sincerely,

Momz

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to the community! O/
  • Options
    Welcome, fellow traveler!

Urmomzcrabz said:
    I just heard about this so I figured with my goofy self I could have fun and maybe make other players have a laugh or two...on my quest to become the worst best mage in the game? 
    Eheh, I wish the best of luck with this goal, then. 
  • Options
    Welcome to the crazy land!
  • Options
    *Offers @Urmomzcrabz cream to welcome then to the forums and to help with any itching issues they undoubtedly have*

Welcome!
  • Options
  • Options
    Salutations and thank you fellow townsfolk. *Takes the cream* This will work magically to soften my battle hardened fingers. It is a long story to tell but I got involved with a dragon, two gnomes, a moldy boot, and a barrel of mead. I was kind of getting worried that I wouldn't survive. :o Anyway, I must keep my hands soft and silky to type these inspirational messages. 
  • Options
    Hail @Urmomzcrabz
    How are you? Nice to meet you and welcome to our community :D 

I see you do a lot of things in your life, you're the opposite of me.
    I just play videogames haha Hope to see you in-game  ;)

• Options
    Welcome to our community!
  • Options
    EXPLOOOOOOSION!   
    Forza huh, don't see that much around.. Anywho, welcome to the community!
  • Options
    Welcome! What an interesting name you have there.. lol
  • Options
    Urmomzcrabz
     Welcome!  With a name and introduction like that you most certainly will fit right in this community aboard the Ashes Express!  Grab some mead and pull up a dwarf...um I mean stool and have a seat.  Mr. @nagash  aka God of Bones himself should be around soon beating his ribs to a great tune or three!
  • Options
    Welcome @Urmomzcrabz \o. My mom wasn't a crabz but I greet you warmly anyway :wink:
  • Options
    greetings from the realm of bones 
  • Options
    Greetings from a former 2A371 (F-15 Avionics)!  Welcome to our friendly, if not a little crazy, community.  And more importantly, welcome to MMORPGs! 

I still fondly remember my first steps into my very first MMORPG.  The moment it hit me that the zone I'd just left was but a small fraction of the game world, I was in awe.  What a great feeling of wonder and amazement that was.  :)  Back then, I was a total noob.  I had no idea what a "tank" or "DPS" was.  Healer seemed self evident.  I was oblivious to raiding.  I thought the whole purpose of the game was to explore and quest and I LOVED it!  Oh, to once again experience such joy.  I am sincerely hoping Ashes is going to be the game to take me back, if even just a little bit.

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, on what weapons systems do you work and where are you stationed?  I was at Lackland (of course); Lowry AFB, CO; Holloman AFB, NM; Langley AFB, VA; Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan; Bitburg AB, Germany; and Mountain Home AFB, ID.

• Options
    Welcome ! you will not be disappointed !
    as you can see the community is awesome! :D
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I like wine, therefor I like wine makers

@Possum, 6153 here (CH-53 Airframer) Just finished as a Contractor on UH-60s
  • Options
    Welcome! Thanks for your service. Hope this makes you want to play more MMOs in the future! ^^
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Possum said:
    Greetings from a former 2A371 (F-15 Avionics)!  Welcome to our friendly, if not a little crazy, community.  And more importantly, welcome to MMORPGs! 

I still fondly remember my first steps into my very first MMORPG.  The moment it hit me that the zone I'd just left was but a small fraction of the game world, I was in awe.  What a great feeling of wonder and amazement that was.  :)  Back then, I was a total noob.  I had no idea what a "tank" or "DPS" was.  Healer seemed self evident.  I was oblivious to raiding.  I thought the whole purpose of the game was to explore and quest and I LOVED it!  Oh, to once again experience such joy.  I am sincerely hoping Ashes is going to be the game to take me back, if even just a little bit.

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, on what weapons systems do you work and where are you stationed?  I was at Lackland (of course); Lowry AFB, CO; Holloman AFB, NM; Langley AFB, VA; Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan; Bitburg AB, Germany; and Mountain Home AFB, ID.

Woah, you have certainly passed my experience level and are well traveled. My previous stations were Lackland, Sheppard AFB TX, and Langley AFB VA also. They call it a black hole base for my career field there in Langley. Been stuck there for a hot minute. We pretty much do anything within the stockpile. Build it, test it, inspect, maintain, shipping and receiving/ or issuing out small arms rounds, and also stockpiling/warehousing. Just part of being an ammo troop. As far as weapon systems, it is a broad term but anything the jet flies and drops/fires off. BLU-109s or GBU-39s are a good example. 

Anyway, I do look forward to getting a chance to play with everyone soon. I have been excited about this game for a while now. I would have been on these forums months ago, but life has been very hectic and unpredictable. 
  • Options
    Hello!   Welcome to Ashes!!
    Thank you for your service, by the way, @Urmomzcrabz (also you too, @Possum)!

Glad to have you on board.  Keep up the school work, that stuff's is important.  I'm chugging along on a degree as well.   =)