Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will this marriage survive?

A business partnership is like a marriage, without the good stuff. So????

Will this marriage survive?  Currently they are in the springtime, everything is new and beautiful.  However this team will face a harsh and bleak winter. (hopefully not too harsh and bleak) once they hit alpha, beta and finally open beta and any game breaking bugs in open beta will sorely test the team.  

Wildstar is an example of excellent mmo that suffered game breaking bugs, you couldn't attune for raids,  nameplates disappearing in battlesground, and not to mention the teleporting bots.  Some of these took ages to fix not because they didn't have the money.  These bugs can take an awful long time to fix. By then the player base had moved on.

Comments

• Options
    Hard to say, were not really partners. 
  • Options
    A business partnership compared to a marriage? That's either a very odd business partnership or warped marriage. 

Are you asking if the team will be exactly the same as now? Just a few days ago they announced some new hires so the team has changed from the beginning. 

My guess is no. 
  • Options
    This will be determined by the backers, the money we put into it and how well we get the word out for them. As long as they do not release sooner than the game is ready for everything else will fall into place
  • Options
    I don't think this comparison is true in this case. If the devs are newbies and go into the gamedev industry with nothing but hopes, dreams and Kickstarted backers, then they might be in for a surprise.

However, we're talking about people with multiple years of experience in gamedev. They know how the industry works, this is not their first game, so I don't think they'll get caught in the rain, if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    Yeah they will... or atleast i hope so... ;) 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I think the team will be fine? I mean why place bets on contraversy now?  I meam its not like the devs have to be with Steven carrying bags and suffering credit card charges when he goes out shopping for sandals...
  • Options
    Marriage, or partnership, is predicated on two things. The first is the willingness of both parties in the relationship to fully respect the other for who and what they are, rather than have ideas of what "should" be. The second is communication; open, honest communication that flows both ways. Respectfully.

So what's that mean, for us the community? It means that we take Ashes for exactly what it proposes to be, and we choose to accept that or not. Things that can be added that make it more "playable" to us? Gravy. We first have to say "Ah, this is what you're creating, yeah, I like that. Ok, I'm in!"

Secondly, it means that we communicate honestly and openly with IS, and they communicate honestly and openly with us. So far, I've seen lots of this, flowing both ways, and I'm overjoyed.

Will this last? So long as we keep our eyes focused on the two above things, on both parts (ours and IS), I can't see why not. 
  • Options
    Isende said:
    Marriage, or partnership, is predicated on two things. The first is the willingness of both parties in the relationship to fully respect the other for who and what they are, rather than have ideas of what "should" be. The second is communication; open, honest communication that flows both ways. Respectfully.

So what's that mean, for us the community? It means that we take Ashes for exactly what it proposes to be, and we choose to accept that or not. Things that can be added that make it more "playable" to us? Gravy. We first have to say "Ah, this is what you're creating, yeah, I like that. Ok, I'm in!"

Secondly, it means that we communicate honestly and openly with IS, and they communicate honestly and openly with us. So far, I've seen lots of this, flowing both ways, and I'm overjoyed.

Will this last? So long as we keep our eyes focused on the two above things, on both parts (ours and IS), I can't see why not. 
    Well, you sure could be a good counselor. Are you already one?
  • Options
    @Soreal
    No, lol, thank you, but I'm not. Just a massage therapist. But I've spent decades in introspection regarding self, and self in relation to others. So the ramblings I pitch forth are some of the fruits of those decades of introspection :smiley:
  • Options
    After the amount of wedding gifts they had from us I would bloody well hope it lasts 
  • Options
    Well sorry to tell you guys, but my mom told me I'm the reason marriages fail... 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Karthos said:
    Well sorry to tell you guys, but my mom told me I'm the reason marriages fail... 
    Can confirm 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Karthos said:
    Can confirm 
    That could have happened to anyone! I mean it's not like I KNEW who she was!
  • Options
    Soreal said:
    Isende said:

Well, you sure could be a good counselor. Are you already one?

Well it is about respect, and knowing the limits and  boundaries of people. Respecting that.  Because its a massive task, with demands on your will and patience.   I ve read your post in other  forums,  and too true Isende you are wise.    

• Options
    THE OPTIMISM HERE! Not a single crash and burn vote lol...