Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

OCE|Xandal's Rest (temporary name)

Hi all.
So I was hoping to avoid making a thread like this but apparently I need a forum post to be able to link for the guild fair, so I may as well.

I am starting a Guild in the OCE server. It doesn't have a name as yet, due to the fact that every game I play and GL, I get the members to decide on appropriate name for the guild. I hate to brag about my past achievements and that of my guild, but it seems to be the only appropriate way to show prospective members that I know what I'm doing, so be prepared for a few paragraphs of ego (cringe).

ABOUT ME/PREVIOUS GL EXPERIENCES
I have been a GL in many games going back since Warhammer Online.
I was on the bench for the #1 arena PvP guild (EvIL) and had a separate PvE guild along side it.
I was a GL for GW2 and was the first commander on my server.
GL for FFXIV and our guild (Heavenly Soldiers) was the third guild to beat turn 5, and the first to have 3 separate raid groups beating Turn 5. We had 5 separate raid groups all organised by me, and led by individual raidleaders.
I was a GL for ESO  (SkirTards) and our guild was the first in the server to mainstream small invisi-gank squads, we had the first emperor in our server for Aldmeri Dominion (Dante), and my name was synonymous with domination whenever I logged into WvW. 
I was a GL for ArcheAge and we were the first guild to get a fishing boat. Purely because at the time all we cared about was having fun and fishing. I had to leave ArcheAge early due to life issues, and left someone else to lead the guild. I haven't been back since but when last I heard the guild was absorbed by Steven's (the sandal man himself) guild, when they all rerolled on the vengeance server.

We do have a few videos of us in action, this is the one in which I have the best memories, but there are more linked to this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOA_b0abihQ

CURRENT SITUATION
I have roughly 10 of the most hardcore guild members from previous games, all keen and committed to joining my new guild when Ashes of Creation opens up, and I'm looking to expand on that.  We will have a website/forum closer to release. I'm not going to bother making a website for the game so long before it comes out. We have had websites/forums in the past but they always change as we are not a multi gaming community, we focus solely on 1 game at a time. We DON'T accept everyone, but we DO accept anyone who is willing to be active, and not cause drama. If you join us, you leave your ego at the door, or you will find yourself on the wrong side of it as it hits you on the way out :)

WHAT IS OUR GUILD ABOUT
We have a super experienced Raid Leader who will be in charge of Arena PvP. My days of competitive PvP are long behind me (as I'm old now and my reflexes are not super great). If you want to be a part of a small but ridiculously good Raid Group that has regular training times, strategies, DPS checks, strategy meetings etc, we have you covered.

We have a super experienced Crafting/Gathering Leader. This guy is a PvE nutter. He is a psychologist by trade in the army, and he is the most patient and knowledgeable person I've ever met. He will keep the crafters, processors and gatherers happy and coordinated.

We have a super experienced Commerce leader  & Siege Leader (that's me). My job is financial literacy education for the largest bank in Australia. I know my shit. I will  be focusing on caravans, trade metrics, and making a crapload of money for the guild.  My other love is largescale PvP coordination, such a sieges or siege defense. I have the leadership skills, charisma, and strategy knowledge to coordinate multiple groups and look at the "bigger picture" when there are hundreds of people on a screen doing multiple things at once. 

Finally, some people like to "lead from the front". That is NOT my style of leading. I prefer to lead either from the side, or from behind. I trust my officers and I trust my guild mates until they give me a reason not to. I am not the best at everything and I don't know it all. If you know more than me, I will listen to you and follow you. If I know more than you, I will be there to teach you and help you succeed. I am a support leader, the same as I am either a tank or a healer character in all the games I play. I support the team, and shore up the weakest links, to ensure everything runs efficiently, and trouble free. I'm always here to talk, and will always put the needs of the guild and it's members first.

That's enough gobbledeegook. If you want to chat further, send me a message in the forums or find me on discord (Xantham #3659). 

Also a final plug for Xandal's Rest freehold Inn. Contact me if you'd like to be a franchisee of this wonderful Inn opportunity.

Thanks all. See you around!

Comments