Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I just realized I didn't introduce myself. Hello from Texas, USA!

I've actually been posting on here for awhile, even welcoming some people and realized I didn't introduce myself! Pardon my manners!

I live in Houston, TX.I have played SWG, EQ2, ESO, Skyrim, Oblivion, Civilization III-VI, Pharoah, Ark Survival Evolved, Sims, Northgard, FFXIV, Rift, No Man's Sky, Journey, Flower, Flow, Feed and Grow Fish, and more I can't remember right now.
I like to enjoy a game, and I don't usually like grinding anything. That's not a game, that's work. I like to work too, but not while I'm playing. For that reason, I consider myself a casual gamer. I will put in effort, and time, but I am not going to repeat the same thing 800 times to get a reward. I don't know why I'm telling you that. LOL, maybe this is why I am bad at introductions.

Anyway, I am so proud to be a part of this community in the early stages, getting to know you all so naturally before we even step foot out of the portal. I am swept away in the anticipation and delighted to see that I am not alone. <3

Comments

• Options
    Howdy Partner
  • Options
  • Options
    welcome
  • Options
    greeting ^^ 
  • Options
    *Showers @Soreal with heal pots as a welcome to the forums*
    Welcome! (again :wink:  )
  • Options
    Round Rock!  Woot!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community!
  • Options
    Welcome! c: 
  • Options
    Hey @Soreal and welcome to the community. I hear you about monotonous repetitive tasks. I think Intrepid are on the same wavelength too. And if they aren't well there are thousands of us in here who will kick up a big stink about it :)
  • Options
    Welcome! 
    Journey, Flower, Flow, Feed and Grow Fish

I thought you were subtly transitioning from the list of games into RL hobbies and then I looked them up and realized those are actual games lolol. Mind blown.

• Options
    Welcome to the party!
  • Options
    Solarion said:
    Welcome! 
    Journey, Flower, Flow, Feed and Grow Fish

I thought you were subtly transitioning from the list of games into RL hobbies and then I looked them up and realized those are actual games lolol. Mind blown.

That's totally funny because a lot of my real life hobbies are related to those terms!!! Maybe that's why I like those fluffy games, haha.
  • Options
    games are my real life hobby!
  • Options
    games are my real life hobby!
    Same here!  Although lately forum reading/posting has usurped that position.  lol

Welcome @Soreal!  Glad to have you here.
  • Options
    Glad 'ye could join us, @Soreal !

Have an ale, won't ye?
    ;)

• Options
    Hellooooooo there, and a belated welcome!!

I get bored of grind-fests, too.  Part of the reason I bounced around between a lot of betas years ago.  Game looks good, I play for a while, I realize I'm doing the exact same thing over and over to get anywhere...quit and look for another game.  
    So many games with great potential....wasted.

Anywho, those dark times will hopefully be over now.  Ashes looks to be setting a different bar altogether, rather than simply raising it!