Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

what do you want in crafting skills and what do you hope they stay away from?

I always dabble a bit in the crafting skills but rarely dedicate my time to solely crafting because often it's not entirely necessary. Maybe they could make some things only craftable and not nevessarily lootable. Or add something that increases interest in crafting as a whole. What do you all think??

Comments

• Options
    Want: Rare crafting recipes

Don't want: RNG
  • Options
    I have found crafting to be boring in many other games because the system forces you to grind through pile after pile of useless items until you have achieved enough skill to craft a few pieces that are decent and/or useful.

I support progressing one's crafting skill through a leveling mechanic, but I hope that we can move away from forcing players to craft useless garbage in order to do so. Give us fun, actionable stuff that makes crafting exciting and impactful!
  • Options
    Albion Online has a system like that. To get into the higher tiers, you need to specialize. 

At least they did have a system like that last I played.
  • Options
    I wanna make unique stuff.
  • Options
    I want to be able to learn new recipes through experimentation. Example: If I know that combining one type of herb with another makes a healing draft, and that two other types of herbs make mana potions then I'd like to see which combination of the four herbs makes a rejuvenating potion.

ehat I don't want is RNG. There is nothing worse to finally gather all the mats to make an item only to see that item give the wrong stats or odd stacks: one button click and you make 3 potions with the effort of one and the next click you only make one. It's confusing and irritating 
  • Options
    specialize skills would be nice to people how only improve a certain aspect of crafting so they can make unique things but no RNG
  • Options
    Agree about the specialization in crafting. Someone who invests all their time/effort(points?) into a certain aspect of crafting should be able to make completely unique items that would be valuable and sought after by other players.
    For the love of everything you hold dear, please do NOT let crafting be affected by RNG, just cannot stand it and it is usually very demotivating.
  • Options
    I would like to make furniture and house items.
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    I would like to make furniture and house items.
    Yeah that would be pretty cool! Being able to really customize your house would definitely add to the fun of owning a home.