Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Let's talk Herbalism!

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
Which system do you prefer for searching for herbs in the wild? What do you like most about gathering herbs?

Comments

• Hm, what if I don't pick the herbs, and I get them from a dealer instead? Erm I mean..
  • ^^ what kind of herbalist doesn't know what their herbs look like ;)
  • A good herbalist will sniff them out.
  • Way more fun without outlines!
  • A good herbalist will sniff smoke them out.
    I fixed it for you.
  • Looks like a good mix so far  of people wanting  the traditional herbal system like WoW, vs a more difficult herbing experience. :)
  • This is very interesting. Will we be able to craft potions? Like if someone is bitten by a black scorpion they need black scorpion antidote? If they are under a sleeping spell, 'cause they smelled a poisonous flower,  that makes them walk slower they need a wake up potion etc...
  • sunfrog said:
    This is very interesting. Will we be able to craft potions? Like if someone is bitten by a black scorpion they need black scorpion antidote? If they are under a sleeping spell, 'cause they smelled a poisonous flower,  that makes them walk slower they need a wake up potion etc...
    That's a great question @sunfrog ! Nearly all MMOs have an Alchemy skill for creating potions, so I'm certain we will be able to craft potions. We won't know the mechanics though until they tell us.

I love your idea of having certain antidotes available to address medical needs :) It has a much more RPG flavor than the usual MMO uses for potions.
  • sunfrog said:
    This is very interesting. Will we be able to craft potions? .
    Would be pretty cool to have an herb/alch combo. Although that might just be my training from WoW creeping in.
  • I personally think it would be interesting if you haven't picked a herb yet then it is not outlined at all but once you do pick it then it becomes outlined in some way. I don't know >.< I have a cold, shhh.
  • I feel like an op gatherer when I begin to recognise what herbs and plants look like. I think it's part of the fun ^^
  • I am learning how to identify herbs and plants irl, really not that hard once you get the hang of it, now remembering what all they do is a bit harder
  • Knowing from experience what you're picking, adds a little realism and i think its pretty cool :) 
  • I enjoy having to figure things out and immersion gameplay. So having to know what I am looking for and where to find them will help take this game to another level for me.