Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Birthday Thread!

Hey guys!

@CylverRayne gave me an idea for what could be a nice community event, when she wished our very own @Karthos a happy birthday on the forums.

Why don't we start a compendium of everyone's IRL birthdays, so that we can wish everyone a happy birthday when it's their turn? I think this would be a fun and low-key way of keeping our community tight and making people feel good about stopping by to check in on the forum!

If you'd like to have your birthday mentioned on the forums, feel free to leave your month/day below. For discretionary purposes, we'll keep the year out of it :)

Much love,
Ghyx

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    That's not a bad idea but I think it goes against they rules of the forum but when have we ever followed them anyway 
  • Options
    Month/day? What blasphemy is this!?

In all seriousness, pretty wholesome idea.
  • Options
    @nagash Are you aware of what particular rules it goes against? I can adjust so we don't cross any boundaries and can keep a fun community thing going :)
  • Options
    "No Personal Information

Under no circumstances should you post personal information about yourself on the forums including your address, e-mail address, where you go to school, credit card information, phone number, etc. This also pertains to posting personal information about other people. If posted, this information will be deleted by a moderator. Depending on the nature, this can result in a suspension or ban."

Though people have been throwing around their age and the likes around quite a bit, so don't think it's too much of a problem
  • Options
    Many forums allow you to make your birthday public (either all of it, or just the month/day).  Maybe that option should be enabled on the forum for those who'd like to use it.
  • Options
    Ah got it. This is also why I asked people to restrict to Month/Day, excluding year, so as to maintain some level of discretion.

And, as @ReaperOfCookies mentioned, people have been throwing birthdays around like crazy so this was more of an attempt to consolidate as a way to wish everyone a happy birthday :)
  • Options
    Im not saying its a bad thing I'm just giving you a heads up thats all 
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't mind my birthday being public or I wouldn't have shot my mouth off about it :)

• Options
    19/June,  I only mention it as it is really close and i'm stll excited like a school boy to get one year closer to death and joining the Lord of undeath @nagash B)
  • Options
    19/June,  I only mention it as it is really close and i'm stll excited like a school boy to get one year closer to death and joining the Lord of undeath @nagash B)
    We'll have to wish @PJ_Rydecker a birthday in 3 days!!

I'm December 16, so I have a while to go :)
  • Options
    I was born in All Souls' Day. 
  • Options
    It's my birthday btw
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Im not saying its a bad thing I'm just giving you a heads up thats all 
    Please NO heads up from you!  Just what we don't need is a Jack-n-the-Bones box!

*shakes her head and hopes she sees no skulls lying on the floor as she sweeps"
  • Options
    @Deyarn Happy birthday  :D \o/ \o/ \o/
  • Options
    Deyarn said:
    It's my birthday btw
    Mine too! We could be twins separated at birth.

Send money for DNA test. They cost $4000. Make the check out to "cash"
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Deyarn said:
    It's my birthday btw
    Mine too! We could be twins separated at birth.

Send money for DNA test. They cost $4000. Make the check out to "cash"
    Pffft. What second-rate scientist are you going to for your DNA tests?
  • Options
    just give me some blood and I will make a clone ^^
  • Options
    Happy birthday @Deyarn!!!! 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Erythrocytes don't have a nucleus so I would recommend skin for cloning  B)
  • Options
    Ghyx said:
    nagash said:
    I can make a blood golem which is the same thing ^^
  • Options
    Ghyx said:
    nagash said:
    Now that is informative
  • Options
    November 17th ... A Scorpio B)

• Options
    28th of June, so pretty soon!
    Do not at all have anything against people knowing the date of my birthday xD
  • Options
    Sorry I missed it @Karthos, but Happy Birthday :)