Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Nomadic homes/traders

Can we have ships as our home? Or giant sea turtle/etc? 
Or a giant creature we build our house on and barter from?

I'd like a nomadic aspect to the game too, it'd be fun to have the nomads in town selling exotic items from across the world!

Comments

• Can we have ships as our home? Or giant sea turtle/etc? 

I'd like a nomadic aspect to the game too, it'd be fun to have the nomads in town selling exotic items from across the world!
    Wow, what a cool concept. 
  • I claim the gypsy wagon!
  • Welphgryn said:
    Can we have ships as our home? Or giant sea turtle/etc? 

Wow, what a cool concept. 
    It would probably have to be guild owned though or it's everyone with a mammoth mount problem like in WoW.
  • I claim the gypsy wagon!

No, No.  I challenge you to a duel for that wagon!  <takes out old lace glove and smacks CylverRayne>  :p
  • Ship free holds would be a cool concept, especially if an island Node doesn't have a great deal of space like the main land. I can see players claiming citizenship and buying Their customized free hold vessel. Especially for backers who get the intrepid class.
  • ^^^ All of the above I hope gets made. Naval fleets or travelling nomadic tribes would add more dynamism and flavor to the game. For nomads, there'd have to be some wide tracts of land between fixed node points to allow them passage, but I can't really see any other major impediments to this. \o/
  • Kesarakk said:
    Ship free holds would be a cool concept, especially if an island Node doesn't have a great deal of space like the main land. I can see players claiming citizenship and buying Their customized free hold vessel. Especially for backers who get the intrepid class.
    I'm hoping for a pirate bay where people can live in an anarchic pirate city, with gangland pvp and guilds getting buffs based on which neighborhoods they control!
  • T-Elf said:
    I claim the gypsy wagon!

No, No.  I challenge you to a duel for that wagon!  <takes out old lace glove and smacks CylverRayne>  :p
                                 ..........*looks into her crystal ball.........."Nope You lose!"
  • T-Elf said:
    I claim the gypsy wagon!

....but....but...I really wanted a gypsy wagon <looks around in dismay>  maybe there is more than one? <looks hopeful>

• T-Elf said:
    T-Elf said:
    I claim the gypsy wagon!

....but....but...I really wanted a gypsy wagon <looks around in dismay>  maybe there is more than one? <looks hopeful>
    Silly, :)  what nonsense,  Gypsies like their caravans.  We need to unite!  Our caravan is our village!  A wagon for all!  Gypsies that is. 
  • I like my tomb but I would love to have my coffin carried around like this

• Nomadic traders - excellent idea! More shinys  :D
  • Azariia said:
    Nomadic traders - excellent idea! More shinys  :D
    If we're gonna have npc races we should bring over the Lopp from wildstar =p
  • I'm hoping for a pirate bay where people can live in an anarchic pirate city, with gangland pvp and guilds getting buffs based on which neighborhoods they control!
    I love this and I love you for suggesting this. They could make them free guild halls but you have to battle over them. Weekly raids. So instead of paying for one you could win this one, but would have to defend it after a week. The buff idea is awesome too. 
  • I can definitely see them doing something like @Valentines mentioned where you have a pirate bay area and people can have apartments or housing in there. That would be very fun!

It would be very difficult to do mobile housing though, so I don't think we will see that. You could totally roleplay it though!
  • Nomadic groups would be interesting. I would like to see them with the following conditions: A leader would be chosen by the "citizens" of the group. The leader would choose the movement of the caravan. The caravan would be penalized for remaining in a fixed location for too long and rewarded for movement. Citizenship in the caravan would work like citizenship for towns. Upon logging in a "citizen" would have the option of going to the current location of the caravan or the location that the character log out from.

Piggy backing on some of the mechanics of towns, cities, metropolis, there could even be some benefits to belong to nomadic group that met similar criteria. 
  • Imagine-- we first start out as this small travelling vehicles, then eventually to this large moving fortress-like. And you can upgrade spots to put either weapons or like "mobile farming location". There's no freehold for this, but maybe more of an apartment complex feel.

Caravans that upgrades to movable fortresses-- I'm looking at you, God Eater 2

• Howl's moving cstle!
  • Oh that nomadic theme would fit my roleplay very well..
    In the 4x game Endless Legends you have a race with a giant Scarab as home city. You can pick it up and move to a better area with better resources etc...

Love this idea.
  • Hopefully there's enough player agency to allow for that!

As long as distances are great, transport risky and items are rare - there should be a demand far and wide for goods that players would otherwise have to risk much more for.

Let's hope!
  • I've expanded on the ocean ideas in this thread if anyone is interested! https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33310/community-oceanic-content-ideas#latest
  • Imagine-- we first start out as this small travelling vehicles, then eventually to this large moving fortress-like. And you can upgrade spots to put either weapons or like "mobile farming location". There's no freehold for this, but maybe more of an apartment complex feel.

That is bad ass but mine can fly

• Can we have ships as our home? Or giant sea turtle/etc? 

Wicked idea  :)

The idea of instanced buildings inside mega caravans and ships is really cool.

Although not likely, it'd be awesome if the entire node itself could move on some giant animal or floating island (could be in the sky or on the water).

httpvignette2wikianocookienetonepieceimages88aEruption_Rainpngrevisionlatestcb20160904110322

• nagash said:
    Imagine-- we first start out as this small travelling vehicles, then eventually to this large moving fortress-like. And you can upgrade spots to put either weapons or like "mobile farming location". There's no freehold for this, but maybe more of an apartment complex feel.

Well shit. With the hoard of undeath at the base, too? 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    nagash said:
    Imagine-- we first start out as this small travelling vehicles, then eventually to this large moving fortress-like. And you can upgrade spots to put either weapons or like "mobile farming location". There's no freehold for this, but maybe more of an apartment complex feel.

Well, gosh, don't be rude, it's not a hoard, it's his family! Now, first on the left is his cousin, he couldn't manage to lichdom and is very sensitive to the matter so don't mention it, the one with the spear is his great-uncle, not much of a fighter but he insisted so much (what can you do, eh?) The last one, on the background, is the daughter of a friend, also undead but zombie, she's been born a skeleton and feels unwanted. Nagash was kind enough to accept her as his minion and now she does his bidding.
    Just lovely <3 
  • ruairidh said:
    nagash said:

Well, gosh, don't be rude, it's not a hoard, it's his family! Now, first on the left is his cousin, he couldn't manage to lichdom and is very sensitive to the matter so don't mention it, the one with the spear is his great-uncle, not much of a fighter but he insisted so much (what can you do, eh?) The last one, on the background, is the daughter of a friend, also undead but zombie, she's been born a skeleton and feels unwanted. Nagash was kind enough to accept her as his minion and now she does his bidding.
    Just lovely <3 
    Oh- uh- Um! (๑ʘ∆ʘ๑) I didn't mean 'shit' like. . .a bad way, more like. "Whoa that's damn cool I want one" kind of way. Ignoring the fact that it's flying, it's glowing, too, man! 
    I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! ⁝(˚͈͈͈͈̥̆₍₎˚͈͈͈͈̥̆⁎)⁝
  • wow just wow
  • nagash said:
    wow just wow
    Omg- no- Mr. Lord Undead sir, that's not what I mean- I'm sorry!! ⁝(˚͈͈͈͈̥̆₍₎˚͈͈͈͈̥̆⁎)⁝
  • nagash said:
    wow just wow
    Omg- no- Mr. Lord Undead sir, that's not what I mean- I'm sorry!! ⁝(˚͈͈͈͈̥̆₍₎˚͈͈͈͈̥̆⁎)⁝
    You did nothing wrong @Illrathuleon
  • Great idea, first thought that came to mind was the Miyazaki Castle gliding over the land.

Or one of the ships from John Carter movie!