Thank you to all who participated in our August 20 play test! If you joined in, please remember to leave your feedback and bug reports on the forums here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/apoc-bug-reports

Battle Pet Clarification

@GMSteven, You made a statement during the live stream today that may need clarification before it becomes too misconstrued one way or the other.

You mentioned "battle pets".  Will these be like WoW battle pets, which are used for pet battles against NPCs and other players?  Or did you mean they would be more like WoW Hunter pets that fight alongside the character?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

  • Possum said:
    You mentioned "battle pets".  Will these be like WoW battle pets, which are used for pet battles against NPCs and other players?  Or did you mean they would be more like WoW Hunter pets that fight alongside the character?
    I pray to the great RNG that he means pets that you use in combat and not Pokemon!
  • lexmax said:
    Possum said:
    You mentioned "battle pets".  Will these be like WoW battle pets, which are used for pet battles against NPCs and other players?  Or did you mean they would be more like WoW Hunter pets that fight alongside the character?
    I pray to the great RNG that he means pets that you use in combat and not Pokemon!
    As do I.
  • Possum said:
    lexmax said:
    Possum said:
    You mentioned "battle pets".  Will these be like WoW battle pets, which are used for pet battles against NPCs and other players?  Or did you mean they would be more like WoW Hunter pets that fight alongside the character?
    I pray to the great RNG that he means pets that you use in combat and not Pokemon!
    As do I.
    Make that 3
  • +1 as long as pets must gain xp and can lose xp/gear just like the main character
  • I like the concept of collectable companions but I am not fond of battling them, however I adore combat animals that fight along side you but I hope there would be away to individualize such creatures with armor or special, rare, hard to obtain appearances so you don't have the same sparkle pony or lightning hound that everyone else has.
  • Ginojika said:
    I like the concept of collectable companions but I am not fond of battling them, however I adore combat animals that fight along side you but I hope there would be away to individualize such creatures with armor or special, rare, hard to obtain appearances so you don't have the same sparkle pony or lightning hound that everyone else has.
    +1 @Ginojika. I completely agree with you. I love having pets that fight with you but I wouldn't particularly enjoy fighting them against different pets. Somehow just reminds me of animal fighting pits o.O

    I also love the idea of having your own gear for the pets to make your own pet unique. Imagine having legendary gear for your pet! That would look amazing.
  • Would Battlecat be a battle pet? Or would he be a mount?



    Or would he only be a battle pet when he is just Gringer?
    Or is he both a pet and a mount?  

    Should Ashes pets only be one kind of pet all the time?
    Or could they be different kinds of pets at different times?

    Inquiring minds want to know.

    You know, for research. 
    And stuff.  
  • Battlecat is a friend you can mount.
  • I have only two real concerns with pets:
    1. That general, player-owned pets will step on the toes of Summoners or Rangers who are playing as a "Pet Class".
    2. That pets won't come with enough control and cause party issues. For example, there's a "secret quest" in ESO where your party can earn a Title by sneaking through a dungeon without being noticed by the Beholder mobs. Pets would get seen by the mob and ruin your party's chance at getting the title. Or pets that attack, or set off combat, seemingly at random.
  • Dygz said:
    Battlecat is a friend you can mount.
    No that's my .......nevermind.
  • Image result for riders of icarus pets png Image result for riders of icarus pets pngImage result for riders of icarus pets pngImage result for riders of icarus pets png
    - Riders of Icarus
    I'm excited to see the pets of Ashes of Creation. 
Sign In or Register to comment.