Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Greetings and salutations, fellow newly arrived Ashians. I'm TheGamesforreal

I just found out and hopped aboard my self-critical hype train! I want this game to be good SO BAD, but I'm staying cautious. Anything I should know?

Comments

• Options
    Welcome.  You should know that you came to the right place for good company who feel the same way!  Any questions just ask. Someone might have an answer. We get enough infor to tease us and keep us all positive and guessing. lol  
  • Options
    Welcome! 
    The community is pretty weird, but they're good people and if you haven't backed yet but want to, there will be an option coming to do so on the 20th!

If you have any question, anyone is willing to give you an answer should we have it :)

• Options
    Welcome.  You should know that you came to the right place for good company who feel the same way!  Any questions just ask. Someone might have an answer. We get enough infor to tease us and keep us all positive and guessing. lol  
    I need to refresh my page more often.. 
  • Options
    Welcome good to have someone real!
  • Options
    hello and welcome 
  • Options
    Hynnil said:
    Welcome good to have someone real!

Hurumpf.

Welcome!

I think the good things to know are to get into the discord channel, subscribe to Ashes of Creation on YouTube and Twitch, and constantly talk with us on the forums. Even though the game is a ways away, there is a lot of material to catch up on. We are so happy to have you with us to share in our excitement!!!!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community!  As the others have said, if you have a question don't hesitate to ask.  If you have thoughts or insights you'd like to share, please do.
  • Options
    Welcome to you @TheGamesforreal \o Oh yeah! The reserved hype train is very real :) 
  • Options
    Welcome! I think we all have high hopes that Ashes is for real.

I don't know how much you know about Steven and Intrepid Studios, so I'll just reiterate that:

Steven, the creative director, has personally invested a large amount of his time, money, and reputation into the project. Additionally, I believe he is already collecting or plans to collect investments from friends and trusted business connections (I'd assume he wouldn't want to disappoint them either). There's a lot riding on this game and it needs to be successful both for the sake of the MMO genre but also for the business model of Intrepid to succeed and for Steven to repay the investments in the game & eventually churn out a profit after years of subs, expansions, and cash shop purchases. It'll be a challenge without a box price, but it's all the more motivation to make the game good to get people to sub  B)  

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with a healthy degree of skepticism! I personally have higher hopes for this game than usual because Steven is in charge and Intrepid doesn't have to answer to a corporation. Hopefully he doesn't end up having to answer to investors but if they're his friends, I think it should be okay.
  • Options
         Welcome, new member! For starters, go to the AoC twitch channel and watch all the old livestreams for some killer footage and a lot of answered questions. That will give you a much better idea of what this game is all about.
  • Options
    Welcome! And I know the feeling. I really hope this game turns out to be what they say it'll be, but sounds almost too good to be true ;u;
  • Options
    If I was smart I would be skeptical like you but instead, I jumped right on that train. I'm glad the community continues to grow. Don't be afraid to be active on the forums. 
  • Options
    Welcome onboard @TheGamesforreal  !
    I think we're all having fun waiting, there's so much positivity and optimism. 

*Flings sparkly toenail clippings at @TheGamesforreal to welcome them to the forums*
    Welcome!

• Options
    I want this game to be good SO BAD, but I'm staying cautious. 
    That's the right approach during this preliminary development phase, I think. One of the main role of this community is to provide useful and constant criticism towards Intrepid Studios' work. Not to blindly oppose them, of course, but to help their vision slowly and steadily becoming true. Out-of-control enthusiasm may create more damage than anything else: so, I invite you to stay cautious, always ponder whatever you learn about the project, and then (if that's the case) progressively fall in love with AoC.

I can only  promise you this: you will have fun in the process. I can tell, because (in my eyes) all this looks just great.