Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Class combination

Maybe it's already mentioned, but I didn't found it - sorry for that if it is.

Regarding the combination of classed, I got a question: Is there a difference between combination AB and combination BA? Or is the combination still the same?

For example:
Combination AB: Tank & Cleric
Combination BA: Cleric & Tank

Is AB a tank with self-healing and BA a heal with shields or nevermind :)

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Yes there's a difference (usually significant) between the order of the primary and secondary classes. 

• Options
    So far, this is all we know for the names of class combos:

But as @lexmax pointed out, there is definitely a difference. Think of your primary class as that which determines your abilities, and your secondary is that which augments those abilities.  
  • Options
    Everything stated be @lexmax and @Rumbleforge is correct. I'll just add that augmentations give your primary spec a flavour of the secondary archetype - you're not adopting that archetype. It is to help make your primary archetype more suited to your play style :D
  • Options
    @Rumbleforge

you forgot to add Archmage for Mage/Mage

unless it hasn't been confirmed, but I think it is.
  • Options
    Kesarakk said:
    @Rumbleforge

you forgot to add Archmage for Mage/Mage

unless it hasn't been confirmed, but I think it is.
    Has that been mentioned?  I haven't heard it yet... but sounds like a good name for it.  I copied that chart off a AoC wiki, maybe they haven't updated it yet. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys for your answers.
  • Options
    @Rumbleforge

it was mentioned in a previous stream. It could have been a slip of the tongue and thus not remembered. I just have an odd memory for small details. And I didn't mean to sound like I was calling you out, just trying to help keep things up to date and accurate lol
  • Options
    Kesarakk said:
    @Rumbleforge

it was mentioned in a previous stream. It could have been a slip of the tongue and thus not remembered. I just have an odd memory for small details. And I didn't mean to sound like I was calling you out, just trying to help keep things up to date and accurate lol
    Oh yeah yeah, no worries.  I didn't take it that way.  :) 
    Makes me want to scour the old streams later to see if I can find it and any other slip of the tongues.  ;)
  • Options
    Kesarakk said:
    @Rumbleforge

I recall hearing this too. Although it might just be wishful reinvention of history! :confused:
    • There is a fan wishlist of class names over on Reddit (a little outdated).
    • There are also some speculation threads in this forum, which I can no longer find :disappointed:
    Search was fruitless!
  • Options
    @lexmax

just means we need to start a new thread. Might be best to do individual archetypes due to so many classes
  • Options
    @tugowar was doing a couple of 'name that secondary class' threads
    @lexmax
  • Options
    This was my motivation for asking the mods for a new forum category. There is so much good discussion on this topic and as we get more info this will only increase.
  • Options
    I hear you on that one. In the mean time I can find threads if I know kinda what the title was or what it is about and the name of the owner of the thread, but I just need to figure out how to link them, from my phone efficiently
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    So far, this is all we know for the names of class combos:

But as @lexmax pointed out, there is definitely a difference. Think of your primary class as that which determines your abilities, and your secondary is that which augments those abilities.  
    Mage/Mage was called an archmage by Jeff like 3 or 4 streams ago. @Rumbleforge