Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Forum levels and badges.

Comments

• Options
    I find it funny some people can post great points and funny stuff without having a single 'like' or 'LOL', other more "popular" 5 star members can literally say "hsditkhe"-25 likes, 12 Lols. Anyone else notice this? Lol
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I find it funny some people can post great points and funny stuff without having a single 'like' or 'LOL', other more "popular" 5 star members can literally say "hsditkhe"-25 likes, 12 Lols. Anyone else notice this? Lol
    WhatchootalkinboutSaeyo?

Er, I mean, make sure you Like those interesting points you see!  It's not a popularity contest, but I think getting a Like is like getting a warm fuzzy!  It just feels good to know, "hey somebody read that thing I wrote!" 

I'm giving your post a Like right now, cause I get where you're coming from.

And yeah, I know my signature makes this a bit ironic....  ;)
  • Options
    Not sure what your talking about either - I like posts I like and that's it xD I don't go ooh that is blah blah I'll like you're post ^^
    I love the people on our forums though :) We have a great bunch of individuals and most comments are mature and helpful to the greater community :D
    I love your sig @Rumbleforge it's beautiful :3
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    If you post as much as  we do you are bound to get more like from the amount of posts out there
  • Options
    I always like a comment I agree with. 
    Personally, I don't really mind. I am not here for popularity or likes. I was on the original forums for over a month before I even made my first post saying hello. I'm just here to keep up with the game and possibly make some friends for when the game releases. (Or learn whom to watch out for as they will definitely play a villain lol) It's just something I've noticed. Some people, whom have like 1 star-will say something funny. They'll have a ton of comments on the post itself...replies of people saying 'ahaha!' And agreeing with the post. Yet, you'll look at the OP likes, there will be "1". 

• Options
    I do like the sig though. That made me laugh.
  • Options
    My general approach is to like comments that have substance and LOL comments that I find funny. I'm trying not to like things just because they agree with my point of view. Although I sometimes do :(
  • Options
    The whole levels and badges system is a great incentive to make the community more active and polite. Everyone tries so hard to be helpful and kind. I love it.  
  • Options
    Elder said:
    The whole levels and badges system is a great incentive to make the community more active and polite. Everyone tries so hard to be helpful and kind. I love it.  
    I agree with that. This community is great. Thus far, it isn't toxic at all. That's much more than i can say than other forums I belong to. Especially my VR and Vive forums. ESPECIALLY, the ones on reddit. Jesus....lol
  • Options
    I just wish people would old post as the number of people asking the same questions is getting out of hand
  • Options
    I enjoy answering questions so doesn't bother me too much .... for now xD
  • Options
    Does anyone know how many points between each level there are?
  • Options
    Elder said:
    Does anyone know how many points between each level there are?
    I actually don't understand how the point system works lol so I couldn't tell you ^^ maybe someone has a guide type thing ^^
  • Options
    I think level 2 starts at 50, level 3 at 100, level 4 at 500, and level 5 at 1000 but I'm not 100% sure
  • Options
    Yeah. I usually do a search before posting anything. It doesn't bother me much, though. Most questions are  speculation as we are at least a year or 2 out from release. Even aspects they are saying now could change over that time period. 
  • Options
    Exactly it's important to make sure we keep updating information as the months go on to make sure everything is accurate and new players are getting the correct information. That is what I like doing and hope to do for the forums :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Elder said:
    I agree with that. This community is great. Thus far, it isn't toxic at all. That's much more than i can say than other forums I belong to. Especially my VR and Vive forums. ESPECIALLY, the ones on reddit. Jesus....lol
    Both of these posts are the kinds of posts that I would have hit "Agree"  if, you know, we still had that particular button.  ;)  (I am holding on to faith that some of those points/badges make a return someday.)

But yes, no matter how the forum evolves and changes over time, I hope we keep the spirit of the community that we have right now.  And if our community grows strong, I'm sure we could hold our own against any particular toxic troll that may happen to stumble into our midst. 
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    My general approach is to like comments that have substance and LOL comments that I find funny. I'm trying not to like things just because they agree with my point of view. Although I sometimes do :(
    This is pretty much what I do. I tend to "like" more messages that I agree with but I often end up liking well articulated or succinctly written opposing views as well. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind having the option of being notified of lols and likes. 

Its nice to know that people have responded to a certain thing you've said. 
  • Options
    But won't you be flooded with notifications :smiley:
  • Options
    Just made this for @KuronishiX  

The king of all weebs.
  • Options
    :D 

• Options
    I'm really confused, how do you guys get all those specific and unique Cover Pictures and Profile pictures. Also curious about badges system :0 
  • Options
    Like, I know 0 about this game :I when is it coming out? Is there anything useful you can get as an old player? How do you get a Beta tester or Alpha tester status or if there is such a thing? I'll be waiting for the answers ;c 
  • Options
    Neitronic said:
    Like, I know 0 about this game :I when is it coming out? Is there anything useful you can get as an old player? How do you get a Beta tester or Alpha tester status or if there is such a thing? I'll be waiting for the answers ;c 
    @Neitronic, I hopefully answered some of your questions here:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/98420/#Comment_98420
  • Options
    Can't wait to see all the badges applied! Does anyone have the picture of all the badges.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    @Czar  I agree with you
  • Options
    Czar said:
    Can't wait to see all the badges applied! Does anyone have the picture of all the badges.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/badges
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Czar said:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/badges
    Think he was looking for the graphic Bacon was working on of our upcoming KS forum badges.