Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will people in underwater cities get more booty?

If there is a battle in the sea above my underwater city and a ship is sunk will I be able to swim out and loot the booty from the sunken ship? 

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    sunfrog said:
    If there is a battle in the sea above my underwater city and a ship is sunk will I be able to swim out and loot the booty from the sunken ship? 
    Not if the octopuses reach out first!
  • Options
    Good question, sounds fun :) Like dynamic treasure chests.
  • Options
    I assumed the wrong kind of booty...I will see myself out. 
  • Options
    Arh you be right 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Arh you be right 
    Nice thing about being a skeleton is you don't have to breathe which makes doing things under water easier
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Arh you be right 
    Nice thing about being a skeleton is you don't have to breathe which makes doing things under water easier
    dam right ^^
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    I think it will be similar as on land.
    Player ships might drop raw materials that can be looted.
    People who destroy a naval caravan can loot some of the goods.

• Options
    There will be underwater cities? Does anyone have any quotes for this, I can't seem to find one. 
  • Options
     mark
    STEVEN:  The idea we have for enhanced naval interactions is gonna be Meanigful Conflict again on the open seas, it's going to be expanding our trade routes to sea-based caravans, it's going to include additional content under the water that could have environments and aquatic nature and monsters and aquatic mounts that are going to be there and some treasure finding...

JEFFREY: When this world fell, back in the day, everything looked quite a bit different and so this allows us to go and discover some of those parts that we wouldn't really be able to tell yet. 
    So, it's basically going to be able to expand our ability to tell the entire story and get to some of those lost cities that may now be underwater. 
  • Options
    @Elder
    I haven't heard the devs mention underwater nodes that we could progress to Stage 3 or beyond.
  • Options
    To me, it doesn't seem like there will be underwater cities.  When we first enter the world there is suppose to be no civilization.  All cities in the game will be built by the players. If there aren't any underwater nodes confirmed then I doubt we will be able to construct any cities. 
  • Options
    Nevermind I just understood it. The underwater cities are ancient cities that have flooded. 
  • Options
    I think everyone except possibly @nagash will drown if they try to live in the underwater ruins.  But set people a challange im sure people will try. ;)
  • Options

lol that picture is so funny.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I'm dying :D:D Thats why i love this community hahaha
  • Options
    Dygz said:
     mark
    STEVEN:  The idea we have for enhanced naval interactions is gonna be Meanigful Conflict again on the open seas, it's going to be expanding our trade routes to sea-based caravans, it's going to include additional content under the water that could have environments and aquatic nature and monsters and aquatic mounts that are going to be there and some treasure finding...

JEFFREY: When this world fell, back in the day, everything looked quite a bit different and so this allows us to go and discover some of those parts that we wouldn't really be able to tell yet. 
    So, it's basically going to be able to expand our ability to tell the entire story and get to some of those lost cities that may now be underwater. 
    Wow! I hadn't heard this! 
  • Options
    That's why @Dygz is our forum fact checker ^^
  • Options
    Pineapple freehold under the sea anyone?  :#
  • Options
    The real question is, will our characters swim in g-string so we get more booty underwater?
  • Options
  • Options
    The fish people have the advantage! I'm making a call to all artisans to invent some form of diving gear!