Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The thread where Rumbleforge tries to keep up with the latest Signature trends....

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Fan Art
Seeing as how I imagine my signatures will change over time, I'll post my first one here for historical record.  RumbleSig 1.0:

My guild logo, my EQ2 persona, and my name done in a style that was inspired by all the world logos for the old TSR fantasy books, such as Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, etc.  (An nostalgic art style that I hope to work on more in future signatures.), over a fantasy landscape.

But for the last week here on the AoC forums, animated signatures have been the hottest thing since ritual sacrifices to volcano gods! Not one to be left in the dusty ashes, I've spent this weekend working on my own!  Maybe I've gone too far.... or not far enough... but I've definitely stuck to my own style and sensibilities while still being inspired by what many other talented folks here have done.

So I give to you, RumbleSig 2.0!

It is my love letter to nostalgic gaming and to our own running jokes about the forum badges here...   ;)
Truth be told, I'm most proud of the label wrinkles on the game cartridge. 

I know I know, the wall torch isn't animated... maybe I'll fix that in RumbleSig 2.1.

But hey, we gotta entertain ourselves until Ashes of Creation comes out, right?

Comments

• Dude, that is amazeballs! <3<3<3 Such 8 bit nostalgia!!
  • Seeing as how I imagine my signatures will change over time, I'll post my first one here for historical record.  RumbleSig 1.0:

My guild logo, my EQ2 persona, and my name done in a style that was inspired by all the world logos for the old TSR fantasy books, such as Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, etc.  (An nostalgic art style that I hope to work on more in future signatures.), over a fantasy landscape.

But for the last week here on the AoC forums, animated signatures have been the hottest thing since ritual sacrifices to volcano gods! Not one to be left in the dusty ashes, I've spent this weekend working on my own!  Maybe I've gone too far.... or not far enough... but I've definitely stuck to my own style and sensibilities while still being inspired by what many other talented folks here have done.

So I give to you, RumbleSig 2.0!

It is my love letter to nostalgic gaming and to our own running jokes about the forum badges here...   ;)
    Truth be told, I'm most proud of the label wrinkles on the game cartridge. 

I know I know, the wall torch isn't animated... maybe I'll fix that in RumbleSig 2.1.

But hey, we gotta entertain ourselves until Ashes of Creation comes out, right?

Best signature on the forums so far
  • I see I have some white jaggies along the top of the cartridge that slipped through.  I'll have to work on that a bit too. 
  • lexmax said:
    Dude, that is amazeballs! <3<3<3 Such 8 bit nostalgia!!

nagash said:
    Best signature on the forums so far
    Thanks guys!  That's high praise coming from you two! :D
  • It's awesome!  I love the chest full of forum badges.  :)
  • Possum said:
    It's awesome!  I love the chest full of forum badges.  :)
    That's my favorite also.  I'm hoping all the artistic signature talent rubs off on me.  lol

• Love it xD The badges meta is real
  • Possum said:
    It's awesome!  I love the chest full of forum badges.  :)
    That's my favorite also.  I'm hoping all the artistic signature talent rubs off on me.  lol

Thanks guys! 
    The chest idea was actually an afterthought, as I was realizing my original idea was going to be too much work for one weekend, (and for getting used to a new version of Photoshop.)  But it ended up being the focal point!
    Love it xD The badges meta is real
    Thanks Reaper!  Your previous signatures were one of my inspirations for going this route!
  • Wellp glad it lead to this ^^