Options

Guilds

I just posted a thingy doo dab on a guilds forum thingo and i was curious, as someone who has never been able to participate in a guild while playing an RPG MMO, what would you say it adds to the game experience? what is your experience with guilds?

Comments

• Options
    I think the content in Ashes will steer away from soloable or puggable type activities and lean more toward requiring coordinated effort of a group of people. Guilds will provide the structure to support this.
  • Options
    I always found that mmos are funner when in a guild or playing with a group, leading a guild can be fun too but it can also be a lot of work. All in all I think in general guilds are a good experience
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    I think the content in Ashes will steer away from soloable or puggable type activities and lean more toward requiring coordinated effort of a group of people. Guilds will provide the structure to support this.
    How will being a noble work with this? I know a lot of people want a flying mount and they mentioned that only being available to a noble since flying creatures are incredibly Kingly and dignified.
  • Options
    Depending on the metropolis there are different ways of rising to power. You could fight, get elected or pay your way into office.  Not all require you to have thousands of followers. 
  • Options
    I've always far more enjoyed the social and supportive aspects of guilds, so that's what I tend to look for, or work toward in my guilds. Basically put, OP, in answer to your question, guilds can offer a place where you hang with like-minded people, and pursue objectives that can't be pursued solo. For some, progression guilds are the way to go; for others, laid-back and casual guilds that are more akin to meeting in a tavern are the way to go. For some, there're the RP guilds which structure themselves around the needs and desires of heavy-duty RPers ... in short, there are pretty much guilds for whatever you're seeking.

Good luck with finding one that will suit you!
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    How will being a noble work with this? I know a lot of people want a flying mount and they mentioned that only being available to a noble since flying creatures are incredibly Kingly and dignified.
    You get a flying mount if you are elected Mayor of a node or you are the GM of a guild who successfully sieges a castle. In that case you become King or Queen.