Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will the game keep track of our citizenship history?

Since Ashes will be about the rise and fall of civilizations, will there be a mechanic in game to track if we were citizens of previously destroyed cities?

This could be useful for personal information to show others our history, or could be used against us if someone didn't like that particular city. Should this be stored on our characters or would it be available in some sort of Hall of Records?

Comments

• Options
    I think that defeats the point of "putting a city to the torch" ^^
  • Options
    You know what I don't think this has been discussed yet. There have been talks about recording the history of servers by the community but no kind of record in game. It would be a nice touch, but nodes that collapse and are rebuilt might have a new name but a recorded player history even just a timeline would be real sweet.
  • Options
    I would like it as guild will fall and guilds will rise to see what guilds they were in , but can also be bad as a guild that has died to month ago has a bad reputation you will be a bad reputation for bring in that guild  
  • Options
    That's an interesting idea.  I don't know if it's something Intrepid has considered.  But it would be interesting to see how that played out.  I'm thinking it would probably not be a game mechanic, but rather something they leave to us players to either disclose or keep to ourselves.  After all, unless we're wearing some sort of colors, someone we just meet wouldn't have a way to know where we're from.
  • Options
    Imo I think if they do have something like that in game that it needs to be personal and something that can only be shared be that person
  • Options

Nice idea but it could be quite depressing after 10 years to see a a long list of reasons folk wanted you dead :D. They could possibly have achievements to track this kind of "history". I don't see it being anything more than that but I could be wrong of course. Feel free to disagree with me...

*smirks* ;)

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    That would be cinda cool, some sort of history book or library ingame.
  • Options
    Hopefully, we can have public character sheets that track major events, like citizenship, "successful" sieges and monster coin events.
  • Options
    It could be implemented somewhat realistically by having archives of births, residency etc in Churches.  These records would likely be kept fairly secure to protect people, but maybe someone rising high enough in favour through questing would be able to access such information.
  • Options
    Diura said:
    You know what I don't think this has been discussed yet. There have been talks about recording the history of servers by the community but no kind of record in game. It would be a nice touch, but nodes that collapse and are rebuilt might have a new name but a recorded player history even just a timeline would be real sweet.
    Theres been talk about it a few times, mostly related to professions such as scribes or node buildings such as libraries. I made a post about it a long time ago, and someone made one recently (cant find it currently) :)

I would really like to see something along these lines, it would be awesome to have some sort of record. It probably wouldnt be that hard to make a fairly good system too :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    This is akin to individual faction except that it is player interpreted consequence; meaning that it would be up to the interacting players to react or not to a character history. Very interesting.
    -
    Sorry for repeating what's already been said
  • Options
    I think a neat idea would be to give players a title associated with the city's name.

This way folks who are prosecuted because of their citizenship can hide their title. But at the same time, if they meet folks with the same title, they can prove to others they were part of the civilization by flashing their title.

Having any outside source/directory of players would be a huge undertaking and it would lead to privacy concerns to some players who wish to stay anonymous.
  • Options
    It could be a cool idea if there was some sort of personal journal that recorded major events you took part in. It could record all manner of events that are not marked by any sort of in game achievement, sieges, societies you belong to, caravan's raided or defended, guilds and nodes you were a citizen of. Then imagine if it were actually able to be placed in your house where others might find it could make for a fun read. The ability to make your own entries could be fun too.
  • Options
    Community: Another amazing idea!! :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

Devs: What about sleep? :scream:
  • Options
    I think that is a good idea to see where a former cities were. Maybe add a sign thats tells you what the name of the citie was and who destroyed it.
  • Options
    I was hoping, and still am, that they recreate a character "legend", like in the really old game Nexus TK.  It's basically an achievement and event list, but tied to that specific character.

Perhaps turn this in to a poll!
    Ask the community if they would like something along the lines of:
    Personal Character Tracker (Tracker/list that only you could see)
    Character Achievement List (Tracker/list that everybody could see)
    Server Achievements (more world based achievements specific to that realm, such as realm-firsts and such)
    Account Achievements
    All of the above

From there, you could have subcategories, too:
    Primary Class Progression
    Secondary Class Progression
    Cities
         Citizenship
         City-Contributions
         Freehold(s)
         Trade
    Economics
         Gathering
         Refining
         Crafting
         Donations
         Income/Expenses
               Profits and Losses
    Government
          Influences
          Voting
    Seiges
    Guild(s)
          Personal
          Artisan
          Cultural
          Religious
    Etc.
  • Options
    I think it'd be pretty cool to have one permanent sacred building which keeps a record of the servers history somewhere in the game. Maybe some old monks will record all the information in scrolls or crystals or something so you could view at least your own characters history.

Maybe new players could look at the lore of the server they've started playing on too.
  • Options
    In soviet AoC citizenship keeps track of you,
  • Options
    Gonna go out on a limb here...

Ashes will track every move you make.

• Options
    A record system would be nice to see your progress and your servers but if it wasn't easy to use then evil players would be able to sneak into guilds and cause destruction but they always know someone could uncover there truth and be kicked out before any harm has been done. Would be a nice play and counter play system between the minds
  • Options
    I always enjoyed the DEEDS and ACHIEVEMENTS system in LOTRO. Was optional but did get personal titles from it (as well as other things) and this could be something similar. Tracking your deeds/heroics and giving you a way to 'Flash your Colours' in a way. Now for Ashes you add city wide deeds (nodes) and such with a list of participants and dish out rewards and titles (Achievements). 

Title example: Last Bastion of Mereldath (Title awarded to the survivors of the fallen city of Mereldath (Made up name).
  • Options
    Carlton said:
    I was hoping, and still am, that they recreate a character "legend", like in the really old game Nexus TK.  It's basically an achievement and event list, but tied to that specific character.

Perhaps turn this in to a poll!
    Ask the community if they would like something along the lines of:
    Personal Character Tracker (Tracker/list that only you could see)
    Character Achievement List (Tracker/list that everybody could see)
    Server Achievements (more world based achievements specific to that realm, such as realm-firsts and such)
    Account Achievements
    All of the above

From there, you could have subcategories, too:
    Primary Class Progression
    Secondary Class Progression
    Cities
         Citizenship
         City-Contributions
         Freehold(s)
         Trade
    Economics
         Gathering
         Refining
         Crafting
         Donations
         Income/Expenses
               Profits and Losses
    Government
          Influences
          Voting
    Seiges
    Guild(s)
          Personal
          Artisan
          Cultural
          Religious
    Etc.
    I really like this idea! An easy way to track what you character has been a part of would be a great help for immersion and fan writing!
  • Options
    A lot of earlier mmos didn't plan for the extent of tracking available to save on server storage and other reasons. Things have evolved quite a bit since then. Ashes is being built with the intention of tracking every interaction you have, whether it is a trade, how many mobs you killed that day, or if you and your group were the first to kill a certain boss. So, tracking where you have been a citizen of before will be a fairly simple thing for them to do.