Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Solo leveling as a healer in Ashes

Hi guys,

I happen to love healing. However, I also happen to dislike how solo leveling as a healer feels in other games. From my perspective, the solo leveling process is often brutal. Lack of overall damage, lack of AoE, etc. all make solo play miserable in many games. It has left many a healing class feeling, for me, as though it's only worth playing if you can consistently find a group to play healer throughout the leveling process.

With this context, I'm wondering whether the devs have addressed the healer community to indicate what the solo leveling process could be like?

Comments

• Options
    There is not enough information at the moment to fully answer your question but we know that "passive" classes will have a more active role so perhaps levelling as healer will be less tedious. We also know levelling by questing and mob killing isn't the only way to progress your character.
    I usually play support roles too and I like the idea that I don't need to do quests or killing mobs as my only option to level.
  • Options
    Diura said:
    There is not enough information at the moment to fully answer your question but we know that "passive" classes will have a more active role so perhaps levelling as healer will be less tedious. We also know levelling by questing and mob killing isn't the only way to progress your character.
    I usually play support roles too and I like the idea that I don't need to do quests or killing mobs as my only option to level.
    what she said ^^
  • Options
    @Diura By passive classes, are you referring to the secondary class?
  • Options
    @Diura By passive classes, are you referring to the secondary class?
    No I mean um like bard and cleric are normally considered as less active so "passive" classes (even though we know that's not true it's hard work being support! xD) ^^
  • Options
    Oh interesting. I guess I never considered healing/support to be a passive task, but I suppose that is relative to the game in question.

Still, will be interesting to see how healers are treated in Ashes. Hopefully they are engaging and active in all aspects of play, including solo leveling!
  • Options
    The devs have mentioned on a few occasions that the content in Ashes will incentivise group activity, but solo players will also be kept in mind. 

The design of the leveling content within nodes will be at various difficulties and some will be soloable. The same applies to horizontal progression of your artisan skills etc.

From what has been said to date, more challenging content can be done by either pugging into a group or being part of a guild organised group. Guild membership is not a requirement to play Ashes, but it does provide advantages.
  • Options
    I'd like healer to be able to also choose dps spec or tank spec, then you can level as dps and switch between the 2 at end game etc.

I don't like forcing peoplean telling them "if youre a cleric you have no other option than healing".
    I want to be a light caster cleric :P 
  • Options
    Since you can augment cleric with any of the eight sub classes you can end up with some pretty amazing combinations. Cleric/Mage and Cleric/Rogue would be two I'd be interested in learning more about.