PvP Rules

Hello Everyone!
Just like everyone else i am very hyped about this MMORPG I have not spent money on any MMOS since my favorite game of all time (Ultima Online) which i believe noone will ever be as good as Ultima Online back in the day but i am pretty sure i will be with this game. I do hope that this game does give me a good vibe of how an MMORPG should be. 

Sorry for that but here is my question. Open world PvP is my main thing that i love and i do not know much about how the PvP is in this game so far. Also when you kill someone do they drop what is on their body so you can loot everything? If they do that will be sooo awesome so it has its rewards for being a PK (Player Killer) so we can have that old vibe of there being truly people that want to PK but people out there that scout to get the PKS. Also a bounty of some kind for killing a PK would be awesome too. Any Information would be helpful thanks for the replys in advance!!

Comments

• Meaningful conflict, they don't want people going around killing each other for loot. It would create a senseless world of violence.
  • There will be a bounty hunter system. If  a player becomes corrupt enough they have a chance of dropping gear. 
  • Elder said:
    Meaningful conflict, they don't want people going around killing each other for loot. It would create a senseless world of violence.
    One man's "senseless world of violence" is another's lucrative business opportunity!
  • Are you related to boogis?

There's already been a few threads about this on the forums but I'm not sure if the search function works for everybody so check out Death Proxy's vids on youtube. They'll have all the info you could possible want/need at this stage of development. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exzc1P2ka1A&list=PLJvvIDgksu7OluQF-IeSzwh_AlEMe8m7s&index=1

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    @almighty217
    Loot is raw materials only.
  • No rules are the best rules.
  • no we are not related but this guy is old school like myself so full loot is what give this exiting feeling of hardcore not like you casuals.
  • So, if I don't like full loot I am a casual? I don't like full loot and I am a casual :smile:
    Why does this MMO need full loot, do full loot RPG's not exist elsewhere?

"No rules are the best rules?" I, personally, have never been in an environment or played a game that follows this point of view. By default your character abides by a rule set just to exist in the world.

But, like I said, I am just a casual that gets my feelings hurt when somebody kills me for no reason. :cry:
  • They are just upset because the holy grails of full loot gankboxing like Albion Online, Conan, Ark and others surge, blip, and burn and now they have to wait for Crowfall. Developers are learning that the "pvp-bro" culture while vocal don't actually pony up the cash to support their pulling wings off of flies. Can't wait for the inevitable crash of the next gap-toothed hillbilly rapefest that Crowfall is looking to be. RIP Chronicles too.
  • Player killers that are "corrupted" have a change to drop gear. You can start a quest line to become a bounty hunter and be better at hunting them down ;)
  • They are just upset because the holy grails of full loot gankboxing like Albion Online, Conan, Ark and others surge, blip, and burn and now they have to wait for Crowfall. Developers are learning that the "pvp-bro" culture while vocal don't actually pony up the cash to support their pulling wings off of flies. Can't wait for the inevitable crash of the next gap-toothed hillbilly rapefest that Crowfall is looking to be. RIP Chronicles too.
    Now this is funny!

As a solo player who eeked out an existence for 2+ years on an official Ark PvP server, with some solo farming of bosses for element, you couldn't have put this any better.

The theory of "let the players self police" works until a large group of players systematically abuse flawed game mechanics to the point where retaliation against them is literally impossible. Nobody wants to play that kind of game other than losers in real life who can't afford to support a game financially.
  • I never really understood why people are so obsessed with hardcore pvp options. The fact that barely any studios does it just shows how there is a small market for it.
  • No rules :trollface:
  • Elder said:
    Meaningful conflict, they don't want people going around killing each other for loot. It would create a senseless world of violence.

But they DO want people killing each other for loot.

They don't want people griefing each other without a reason.
  • your red your dead :P the rule i live by :P
  • I love PvP. I will go around killing other players alllllll day and I could get pked 40 times in a day, but I am strongly against full loot options. Time is valuable and it makes zero sense to me to be able to have a player kill me in a game and take away hours and hours of play time with one death. 
    Losing materials during a caravan is definitely different. There is a meaning behind it. Also if you are corrupt there should be a punishment in addition to just being an "easier" target. 
  • They should link the game directly to your bank account so that if you get PK'd in game the enemy gets to loot your real money.
  • If you are corrupt and experience a death you have the chance to drop gear.
    If you are not corrupt, no chance to drop gear.
    Resources will be dropped in either case, we just don't know how much of what you have.
  • Hasil said:
    They should link the game directly to your bank account so that if you get PK'd in game the enemy gets to loot your real money.
    What if you are broke, and your bank account has 0 money?
  • full loot games well there player base usually is very small crow fall is full loot gear equipped doesn't drop tho is still in alpha 0 so that could change
  • Well they are trying to make mmo's great again is the claim, so I don't see having some partial looting being negative. I am only cool with full looting, if they are making the economy abundant with resources so me getting another sword doesn't cost 300 gold and a roach only drops one gold.

I have done straight up pk'ing for shits and giggles in Age of Conan with a bunch of buddies. People fail to realize that this, is an "mmo" which means you piss off a guild and they hunt you down. I was level 40 and we are getting run down by horses and chased by level 80's. Shit happens we move on and stopped pk'ing as they were in the Aqualonian zones.

I do agree with the Dungeon Network guy that mmo's actually baby people too much with this solo play mentality. Only reason previous mmos with open pvp failed in my opinion is because there wasn't really a community. Eve which I am going to spam the shit out of in this forum is already built in a way that it takes people to accomplish things.