Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Black Market

With AOC being economy based, I wanted to know if attacking caravans and players, and gaining the loot, will they become 'hot items' and can only be sellable to an NPC that is a fence or can you be a fence yourself? I saw on the kickstarter page that they would add a Thieves Guild, will this be apart of that?

Comments

• Options
    Good question.  I am only speculating, but I'd assume you could probably sell it anywhere that isn't tied in some way to the nodes associated with the caravan you attacked.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Would make sense, but I hope they do, just to add that extra element of gameplay.
  • Options
    Interesting, but it does raise another problem!  if you need caravans to move your goods from node to node, because we assume you won't be able to carry the items yourself, how do the attackers "carry away" their loot.  Will they have to call up their own caravan, thus giving an opportunity for the defenders to re-acquire their loot, or will the attackers have to be careful not to disable the caravan, and use that to move their goods away.  And again can the caravan be re-attacked by the owners in a bid to get their goods back?
  • Options
    Thats a good point, was just a thought though.
  • Options
    Caravans are defended by NPCs and also by the people who have goods on the caravan. So most likely you will need a sizeable force to loot a caravan. Since carrying capacity is limited, the attackers will need to divvy up the loot between them before other parties arrive at the scene :)
  • Options
    Actually the mechanic for looting a caravan is in the form of shares, which can then be cashed in for the loot at a different location. This was the workaround since it didn't make any sense for characters to be able to carry away something that they had to send by caravan because it was too large. I think it was Jeff who gave the answer that they would be like stock documents, if I remember correctly it was TheLazyPeon Q&A, but then again they all tend to blur together.
  • Options
    We will get to preview a caravans at PAX so perhaps then they'll show the loot system for caravans too but @UnknownSystemError is correct. I can't remember the percentage off the top of my head but you get a "share" value of the worth of the caravan. The owner who has products in the caravan will still get a percentage of their goods value so not a 100% loss.
  • Options
    From what I've seen and what I think is that I believe it depends on what "region" you are in, in other words which Node is in that area, If Node A has the really common item that can be found that area then it will be cheap, but if Node B is in a different region were you can't find this item then it will be more expensive. Thats what I think it will be like.