Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

summoner mechanics

hi guys,
 I was wondering if the summoner will attack with summoned creatures , for example, an abilitie will summon a bird or a wolf to attack then disappear

Or: the summoned creatures can be used as minions to assiste the summoner?

Comments

• Options
    being that the game is this early in development (pre-alpha) no one can really answer that question as skills have yet to be even implemented on a character test basis.  I do not recall any information that was put forward during the live streams concerning their ideas for the class.
  • Options
    The only thing I recall from the Q&A streams that addressed the summoner is that the summoned creature will have a large effect on the playstyle of the summoner. They will be similar to combat pets in other games but the summoners spells/abilities are augmented or completely changed based on which summon is being used. Also, these spells/abilities might used through the summon and not the summoner himself.
  • Options
    Personally i hope for having a companion out at all times (similar to the Hunter class in WoW) instead of just summon appear during an attack.

*crossing fingers for summoner-only mounts*  o:)
  • Options
    In one of the earlier QA during the kickstarter Steven commented that they're floating the idea of Summoners actually summoning a creature or construct of some sort and taking control of it and actually playing as the construct or creature. They also talked about the concept for large-scale battles of multiple Summoners coming together in order to summon a massive construct that only one Summoner will be able to control. Obviously these discussions are not concrete about how Summoners will play, but I found it interesting because no other pet class in any mmo plays like this. They have some cool ideas. Will this design make it to live? We won't really know until it happens.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    It would be nice if the creature did give the summoner "extra" stats, so a Bear would give strength and health (tank), Wolf stealth and speed (rogue), Eagle extended vision for combat spells and a float mechanic if you drop off a cliff (caster), Boar wold give speed and attack (ranger) etc.
  • Options
    if I've understood, summoner spells might change for a summoned creature to another,the creature will also assist the summoner just like a pet,for exemple,a summoner with a bear pet will have close combat skills,if its an eagle ranged skills,if its a snake poison attack, etc.
    PS:this is just speculations, it may be false
  • Options
    The summoned creatures will be diffrent for each race :).
  • Options
    I also think in one of the earlier Q&As during kickstarter they mentioned something about summons evolving. I think it was the same time they mentioned how your spells will changed depending on the summon you have.