Options

4k support?

Hi everyone :) First question on forum so please dont flame me :)

Just wanted to ask, since I use my rather big tv as monitor, will there be 4k support ?

Comments

• Options
    I would think so but we have no info on specs as of yet to confirm this. Hope that helps ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I would think so but we have no info on specs as of yet to confirm this. Hope that helps ^^

Well, not really, but thanks for the answer still :)
  • Options
    tzeraph said:
    nagash said:

Well, not really, but thanks for the answer still :)
    haha sorry about that. Like I said we have no info on the pc specs yet so its all guess work
  • Options
    Heya @tzeraph. Unreal Engine 4 has supported 4k graphics for 5 years already. It's pretty much the standard right now, so I'd be shocked if Ashes doesn't support it.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Heya @tzeraph. Unreal Engine 4 has supported 4k graphics for 5 years already. It's pretty much the standard right now, so I'd be shocked if Ashes doesn't support it.

Okidokie :) The reason for me asking is its getting tedious changing resolution for every game since text for example isnt readable due to the small size etc. Would love a easy way for the game to adapt for different resolutions, instead putting it on the player to solve the % size of UI etc.

Tnx for the answer :)
  • Options
    The resolution will be supported, its natively in the engine(unless they purposely block it :D ).  The question that we don't have an answer to yet is will there be UI scaling options to support 4k monitors/tvs and will there be 4k textures.  Great QoL things but you can live without them at 4k.
  • Options
    Its mostly the UI scaling that worries me :)
  • Options
    I hear you, I have a 40 inch 4k monitor that I use most of the time and I can get by no issues, but when I pump it over to my TV, if the game doesn't have UI scaling its an absolute pain to play.
  • Options
    crum1515 said:
    I hear you, I have a 40 inch 4k monitor that I use most of the time and I can get by no issues, but when I pump it over to my TV, if the game doesn't have UI scaling its an absolute pain to play.
    Yeah, its darn hard playing mmo's with a pair of binoculars in one hand ;)