Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

4k support?

Hi everyone :) First question on forum so please dont flame me :)

Just wanted to ask, since I use my rather big tv as monitor, will there be 4k support ?

Comments

  • Options
    I would think so but we have no info on specs as of yet to confirm this. Hope that helps ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I would think so but we have no info on specs as of yet to confirm this. Hope that helps ^^

    Well, not really, but thanks for the answer still :)
  • Options
    tzeraph said:
    nagash said:
    I would think so but we have no info on specs as of yet to confirm this. Hope that helps ^^

    Well, not really, but thanks for the answer still :)
    haha sorry about that. Like I said we have no info on the pc specs yet so its all guess work
  • Options
    Heya @tzeraph. Unreal Engine 4 has supported 4k graphics for 5 years already. It's pretty much the standard right now, so I'd be shocked if Ashes doesn't support it.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Heya @tzeraph. Unreal Engine 4 has supported 4k graphics for 5 years already. It's pretty much the standard right now, so I'd be shocked if Ashes doesn't support it.

    Okidokie :) The reason for me asking is its getting tedious changing resolution for every game since text for example isnt readable due to the small size etc. Would love a easy way for the game to adapt for different resolutions, instead putting it on the player to solve the % size of UI etc.

    Tnx for the answer :)
  • Options
    The resolution will be supported, its natively in the engine(unless they purposely block it :D ).  The question that we don't have an answer to yet is will there be UI scaling options to support 4k monitors/tvs and will there be 4k textures.  Great QoL things but you can live without them at 4k.
  • Options
    Its mostly the UI scaling that worries me :)
  • Options
    I hear you, I have a 40 inch 4k monitor that I use most of the time and I can get by no issues, but when I pump it over to my TV, if the game doesn't have UI scaling its an absolute pain to play.
  • Options
    crum1515 said:
    I hear you, I have a 40 inch 4k monitor that I use most of the time and I can get by no issues, but when I pump it over to my TV, if the game doesn't have UI scaling its an absolute pain to play.
    Yeah, its darn hard playing mmo's with a pair of binoculars in one hand ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.