Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Kickstarter email account auto linked to game account?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Forum and Discord Help
Hey there, 

I just received an email from Intrepid studio informing me that my kickstarter account email has been linked to my game account. 

I would prefer not to use my kickstarter email as my game account. Is there an option to change? 

Was the mail sent out by mistake? 

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/ you can change it there and once the account is linked change it back to what you want.
  • I was just thinking the same thing. I bought packages for friends and I don't know if things will line up right based on the emails I used. Maybe they will. Also, I kinda wanted to let them use their emails. I'm not complaining. I will find a way to make it work...
  • Greetings glorious Braver of Worlds!

We greatly appreciate your contribution to our Kickstarter for Ashes of Creation. With your support, we were able to make history by becoming both the fastest-funded and most-funded MMORPG in Kickstarter history. That is no small feat and we are beyond honored by your commitment in helping us achieve this.  

We are currently integrating the data received from Kickstarter with our account systems.  This process will take roughly 7-10 business days. In the meantime, if you haven’t already, please make an account on www.ashesofcreation.com. It will be necessary that the email address for the registered account on our website matches the email address used for your Kickstarter account.

Once our account integration process has been completed, your pledge rewards will be shown in your account on our website.  Your account will also reflect the referral reward points attributed to your pledge amount.  Integration of your pledge into the referral system may take additional time, but we expect to have this completed shortly after your account synchronization.

Thank you again for your tremendous support to our project, Ashes of Creation. Your generosity is helping to create one of the best MMORPGs in history.  We look forward to creating many memories with you that will last for years to come.

Your friends,

The Intrepid Team

• serious said:
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/ you can change it there and once the account is linked change it back to what you want.

This might work for me since my accounts are bought for my family members. But it'll be a problem for those buying for friends. 

Still a slight inconvenience because I usually don't like to use that particular email for game related stuff. 
  • serious said:

This might work for me since my accounts are bought for my family members. But it'll be a problem for those buying for friends. 

Still a slight inconvenience because I usually don't like to use that particular email for game related stuff. 
    I agree. My KS email is my personal email that I use for financial things. I use another email address for gaming etc. I've changed my email here, but it's gnawing in the back of my mind so much that I might end up changing it back.
  • Yeah. I'm okay with my wife using my personal email for the game I guess. But this will probably be more problematic for others. 

I'll wait for an official response before making switches since I'm not sure whether changing the emails on the account itself is considered registering under that particular email. 
  • Not sure whether I need to create a second AoC right now or lose my second pledge for good.
  • ^ Waiting for all that tasty information too.
  • Make sure one of your friends refers you if you make another account. They'll receive part of your pledge. 
  • Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have an email I use for gaming and an email I use for pretty much everything else. I do remember them suggesting it would be a code that was given to us, but oh well. I'm just going to change the email temporarily until the account is linked.

Either way, still waiting on some more information from them as well.
  • lexmax said:
    I agree. My KS email is my personal email that I use for financial things. I use another email address for gaming etc. I've changed my email here, but it's gnawing in the back of my mind so much that I might end up changing it back.
    This is the case with me as well. I changed mine to match my kickstarter's and I'm optimistic that it will take effect as I'm sure lots of people will be changing theirs after receiving that email.
  • Same issue, I was expecting a code to input on the site. As most people mentioned, different emails for different things. 

This isn't very uncommon and I don't know why they didn't plan for this. Frustrating that they are tying it to something common as email, so if someone know's my email and they change it on their account, they now get my KS pledge... Like really?? :neutral:
  • Same here. I am not going to use my KS email account here.

Add an option to link my KS pledge to the existing Intrepid account.
  • Same here. I am not going to use my KS email account here.

Add an option to link my KS pledge to the existing Intrepid account.

@Shunex is helping us get more info on this. So till then we sit tight. I too am hoping for a method like how you suggest. Linking the pledge to an existing Intrepid account. 
    edited June 2017
    IGNORE THIS ONE
    edited June 2017
    OK good news people :smile:

Codes will be sent out to kickstarter backer email addresses.
     this will take place in 7-10 days!!! :smile:
    no more required email linking! a  annoucement will be made shortly. 
  • Shunex said:

So relieved! Thanks @Shunex!! :relieved:
    edited June 2017
    Shunex said:

Good news, thank you!
  • Thank you Shunex! I'm pretty sure I deleted my account that was linked to Kickstarter to fix my display name and was afraid I lost the KS backer reward. Very relieved 
  • For those who missed it:

Ashes of Creation Community

Summer Crowdfunding Campaign FAQ

Hey everyone!

First of all, we want to thank you for your excitement as we recently launched our Summer Crowdfunding Campaign. We’re hoping that this gives those who weren’t able to before, a chance to participate, while also rewarding previous Kickstarter backers as well.

Now we also understand that there is a bit of confusion going on with how the summer campaign works and we want to clarify some points for everyone:

• Previous Kickstarter Backer Accounts

• We sent out an email on Wednesday (6/21) indicating that previous Kickstarter backers would need to sync their Kickstarter accounts with their Ashes of Creation account via their email address. Many backers voiced their concerns that they did not like this system. Therefore, we worked with our engineering team to change this. Instead of having to link your Kickstarter and Ashes accounts, your Kickstarter registered email will receive a key code representing your Kickstarter package. You will then be able to apply the code to whichever account you wish. If you do not have an account to put it on yet, you’ll still need to register on www.ashesofcreation.com and then go to https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/ to apply your key. This key will be distributed via email within 5-8 days from today (6/23).

• AutumnWillow I'm in a similar situation but I would wait until integration and the final confirmation to change my account email
  • AutumnWillow I'm in a similar situation but I would wait until integration and the final confirmation to change my account email
This discussion has been closed.