Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will there be raids ?

the title is the question ^^

Comments

• Yes and sieges. 
  • Raids, yes.
  • Info from Lazy Peon's Q&A

You’ve mentioned a lot about Ashes having a lot of PvP and PvE content, what can we expect about the raiding in Ashes?

1. In order to have a good blend, making the game from a PvE perspective really diverse and engaging. Need to have a strong PvE game if you’re going to make PvP matter
    2. Large focus on epic raids, 40 main raid groups taking out epic world bosses
    3. Having problem solving play a role, not just zerging content
    4. Need to have very specific/strategic gameplay for these raids/dungeons
    5. Will be very in-depth and community centric, content for different group sizes.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    lexmax said:
    1. Large focus on epic raids, 40 main raid groups taking out epic world bosses
    Every mention of raids that I've seen has been centered around world bosses.  Does anyone have a source for instanced raid content?
  • mycroft said:
    lexmax said:
    1. Large focus on epic raids, 40 main raid groups taking out epic world bosses
    Every mention of raids that I've seen has been centered around world bosses.  Does anyone have a source for instanced raid content?
    I'm sure they will be implementing some instanced Raiding. 
    A mixture of both instanced and OPEN world raids would be a awesome.

Open world will really get some competitive encounters with guilds fighting for certain mobs (also let guILDS COCKBLOCK RAID MOBS)

• I think I would cry if it was released and they were like "oh by the way, no raids in this game"
  • Nice, I was wondering if their were going to be raids.  I play Black Desert, that game has no raids.  Can't wait to jump back into a MMO that has raiding.  I hope the raiding is actual instances that has mobs/bosses that have mechanics and not hack and slash "World Bosses" that they consider a raid.
  • I liked the original WoW dungeon design with 40, 20 and 5 man instances. Could've even been some 50 or even 60 man raids for me personaly. I also like open PvE dungeons/raids, but those are prone to griefing and shouldn't be the main focus.

As for PvP, it should be the other way 'round: Open PvP in a dynamic RvR-system with some griefing restrictions, like a flagging-system if you're too deep behind enemy lines. I can't stand instanced PvP, makes me feel like I'm playing an arena shooter. As I understand it there will be no factions in AoC, I wonder how that will affect PvP/RvR.