Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

o/ Haii <3

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in The Newly Arrived
So first time i'm doing this but here we go  

Hello my name is Amanda, but i prefer the name Mandii  I have been playing MMO's for about 6 years. Starting off with RuneScape, GuildWars, Blade & Soul, and Revelation Online

Currently i'm playing Revelation Online on EU Moonsea and will try to stick with the game until AoC comes out or the Alphas can keep me busy, 

I super hyped for this game to come out, and so far even though there is no game play the Summoner class with secondary Mage or Cleric really interested me. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and i hope to see you guys in game one day o/ 

Comments

• Options
    *welcomes @Mandii with cupcakes with sparklers*

Welcome on-board! 
    I hope you have a great time waiting here, everyone's fantastic, it seems you'll fit right in, positivity and happiness <3

• Options
    Welcome to the community! ;)
  • Options
    Welcome to our community! o/
  • Options
    Welcome new Ashling!  :)
  • Options
    Mandii is my sister's name, and I also used to play Runescape. So many good memories.  Welcome to the community Mandii.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Megs said:
    *welcomes @Mandii with cupcakes with sparklers*

Welcome on-board! 
    I hope you have a great time waiting here, everyone's fantastic, it seems you'll fit right in, positivity and happiness <3

Graciously takes the Cupcakes <3

Thank you for the Welcome :D 
  • Options
    Elder said:
    Mandii is my sister's name, and I also used to play Runescape. So many good memories.  Welcome to the community Mandii.
    Haha many good memories, :3 Thank you for the Welcome o/
  • Options
    Hullooooooo @Mandii!!  
    You seem to be well-traveled in the MMO sphere.  Hopefully this will be your last stop, amirite?!

PS - Those kittens are freakin' adorable!
  • Options
    Virtek said:
    Hullooooooo @Mandii!!  
    You seem to be well-traveled in the MMO sphere.  Hopefully this will be your last stop, amirite?!

PS - Those kittens are freakin' adorable!
    I hope so too, AoC has a lot of promises that i'm really hoping they stay true to, and not be another disappointment like RO.

ik i love the kitties, need more kitty emojis though D:
  • Options
    Need more?  We need *any* is more like it!  

The closest thing we have is this little devil guy  --->  >:)
    If you squint juuuuust right, his horns kinda look like kitty ears!
  • Options
    Welcome
  • Options
    Welcome @Mandii :) Great to see you on the forums!
  • Options
    Welcome Noob!
  • Options
    Welcome to the Ashes community, @Mandii !

I normally offer a nice dwarven ale to the new folks, but I had to find a special ale for you!

• Options
    Mandii said:

Hello my name is Amanda, but i prefer the name Mandii  I have been playing MMO's for about 6 years. Starting off with RuneScape, GuildWars, Blade & Soul, and Revelation Online

Currently i'm playing Revelation Online on EU Moonsea and will try to stick with the game until AoC comes out or the Alphas can keep me busy, 

I super hyped for this game to come out, and so far even though there is no game play the Summoner class with secondary Mage or Clerk really interested me. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and i hope to see you guys in game one day o/ 

Hi @Mandii

Glad to see you here, and hope to see you on the Alpha's, too!

And I'm not sure why... but, even though it was a typo, I really want to be a Clerk now.  Especially in a more crafting focused game.  Hopefully you can own your own store, too!

If a Clerk was a combat class, would it be like the nice version of a tank?  Or maybe like a tank whose primary purpose is to price-check the loot?

If you think about it, they take way more abuse from anybody and everybody without killing people, and you literally can’t leave the store unless you walk by them or interact with them in some way...  Or leave without handing them your stuff to inspect first.  And this game is supposed to be extremely economically driven, sooo...

[Node reaches Level 5!  Smoke appears above the nearby mountain and an ancient Dragon emerges to threaten the city...]

Player 1: “Great job guys!  Party is formed!  Let’s go raid that Dragon’s Lair and see what kind of loot he has!”

[Arriving at the entrance to the Dragon’s Lair, Player 6 joins the party.]

Player 6: “I am the Loot Commander!  Nobody is allowed to leave without me handling all the loot!”

Player 2: “Excuse me?  You’re not the Party Leader.  Why do you get to handle everything?”

Player 6: “Because I’m the Party Clerk!”

Player 4: “But that’s your secondary class! You were just hanging out around here.  That doesn’t give you the right to—“

Player 6: “Party Clerk!  Sorry.  Called it!  Role filled.”

Player 5: “I don’t get it.  Did somebody invite him?”

Player 2: “He’s a Merchant-type class.  I guess he just set up around here or something…”

Player 6: “Yep.  Got  hired here this week by Steve.  That’s the Dragon inside at the end.  His name is actually something long and complicated, but I call him Steve.  Bit of a temper, that one.  [Lowers his voice and leans in]  Actually, it's quite abusive here.  I wouldn't mind if you... you know... [makes slicing throat gesture] got rid of him.  Bit of a jerk, actually.  Eats most of the customers.”

Player 3: “Oh ffs-- let’s just get going.”

[Quest Accepted!]

Player 5: "Wtf? I knew they were getting creative with their quests, but c'mon..."

Player 6: “Be quick about it, too.  You have to pay me by the hour as long as you’re in there.  And I’ll be collecting tax on everything on your way out, too."

Player 2: "I'm not paying just to be here, this is a waste of my time.  Especially if he's just chilling in his cave."

Player 6:  And if you don't do anything about Steve before tomorrow, he plans to visit the city and spill out all of the beer.  Says it upsets his stomach and smells bad.  And something about evil bubbles on his sensitive nose.”

Player 1: "Oh, HELL no!  Steve has to die!  Chaaaarrrrrrge!!!"

o:)  <3o:)

• Options
    A summoner as well ^^
    welcome to ashes of creation Mandii 
  • Options
    Welcome mandii and fellow ro player! Enjoy~  =}
  • Options
    Welcome 
  • Options
    A very warm welcome, @Mandii. Feel free to ask any question which may come to your mind, we will try to answer!
  • Options
    Welcome to the Ashes community, @Mandii !

I normally offer a nice dwarven ale to the new folks, but I had to find a special ale for you!

You always know what i want 
  • Options
    Caelron said:
    Mandii said:

I super hyped for this game to come out, and so far even though there is no game play the Summoner class with secondary Mage or Clerk really interested me. 

Hi @Mandii

Glad to see you here, and hope to see you on the Alpha's, too!

And I'm not sure why... but, even though it was a typo, I really want to be a Clerk now.  Especially in a more crafting focused game.  Hopefully you can own your own store, too!

If a Clerk was a combat class, would it be like the nice version of a tank?  Or maybe like a tank whose primary purpose is to price-check the loot?

If you think about it, they take way more abuse from anybody and everybody without killing people, and you literally can’t leave the store unless you walk by them or interact with them in some way...  Or leave without handing them your stuff to inspect first.  And this game is supposed to be extremely economically driven, sooo...

[Node reaches Level 5!  Smoke appears above the nearby mountain and an ancient Dragon emerges to threaten the city...]

Player 1: “Great job guys!  Party is formed!  Let’s go raid that Dragon’s Lair and see what kind of loot he has!”

[Arriving at the entrance to the Dragon’s Lair, Player 6 joins the party.]

Player 6: “I am the Loot Commander!  Nobody is allowed to leave without me handling all the loot!”

Player 2: “Excuse me?  You’re not the Party Leader.  Why do you get to handle everything?”

Player 6: “Because I’m the Party Clerk!”

Player 4: “But that’s your secondary class! You were just hanging out around here.  That doesn’t give you the right to—“

Player 6: “Party Clerk!  Sorry.  Called it!  Role filled.”

Player 5: “I don’t get it.  Did somebody invite him?”

Player 2: “He’s a Merchant-type class.  I guess he just set up around here or something…”

Player 6: “Yep.  Got  hired here this week by Steve.  That’s the Dragon inside at the end.  His name is actually something long and complicated, but I call him Steve.  Bit of a temper, that one.  [Lowers his voice and leans in]  Actually, it's quite abusive here.  I wouldn't mind if you... you know... [makes slicing throat gesture] got rid of him.  Bit of a jerk, actually.  Eats most of the customers.”

Player 3: “Oh ffs-- let’s just get going.”

[Quest Accepted!]

Player 5: "Wtf? I knew they were getting creative with their quests, but c'mon..."

Player 6: “Be quick about it, too.  You have to pay me by the hour as long as you’re in there.  And I’ll be collecting tax on everything on your way out, too."

Player 2: "I'm not paying just to be here, this is a waste of my time.  Especially if he's just chilling in his cave."

Player 6:  And if you don't do anything about Steve before tomorrow, he plans to visit the city and spill out all of the beer.  Says it upsets his stomach and smells bad.  And something about evil bubbles on his sensitive nose.”

Player 1: "Oh, HELL no!  Steve has to die!  Chaaaarrrrrrge!!!"

o:)  <3o:)

Thanks for the welcome, and amazing read <3 thank you
  • Options
    Welcome @Mandii !!! Hopefully we get a release sooner than later, This is a difficult wait
  • Options
    After seeing what happened with RO and them rushing to release the game, i'm content in waiting until they have a good polished version ready for us :D
  • Options
    Welcome to the community, @Mandii!