Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Yo :D

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in The Newly Arrived
Hello everyone. I'm vik / viki / vk whichever you prefer :D i mostly go by vik or viki.
I've played MMORPGs since I was young, I was 13 when I played my first MMORPG, in 2007 and it was Fiesta Online. Anyone else started their journey in Fiesta? no? D: okay.
My 2nd game was WoW, played it during Lich King expansion (best expansion ever! XD)
I've played dozens upon dozens of mmorpg's after WoW. I've played about every single big or semi big title and even some of the less known games and was  in a CBT of several large projects like the Skyforge, ESO, BnS West release. 
I love MMORPG's with a passion but the last good mmorpg i played which I enjoyed was GW2...and it has basically no end game content, and I dislike that there wasn't a full out healer class D: 
in every game I played, if it was possible, I was a healer class. FFXIV I was a Scholar and so fun the most fun healing experience I had in a game, having to control a healer pet as well as use your own heals, that was EPIC! 
The game I was most excited for from all MMORPG's ever was EverQuest Next...which got canceled, RIP my dreams D: 
I've backed Ashes of Creation on Kickstarter since I was really excited to see a game which has so much to promise being in development! I really hope the devs deliver everything they say.
I'm most looking forward to player owned buildings, ships and healer class @_@

I played Archeage and besides many things I dislikes about it, I did really like the ships you could own and different houses which were kinda hard to get but you could decorate them so well and have so much fun with that. So I hope to see something similar to that in AOC :D 

Anyways :D that was a book to read so if you didn't read that all I don't blame ya. Cheers everyone :D I'm really looking forward to checking out AOC and I hope that it'll live up to the promises which devs are making and will become the next huge MMORPG which we can all enjoy.

p.s. I'm a very beginner hobbyist game dev. Participated in Ludum Dare game jam and looking forward to next 1 in july :) I'm currently involved in 2 game dev projects, 1 my own project I'm slowly working on and 1 I'm working on with a small group of my friends. So, it's fair to say... I love games

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to the community Vic \o. You've played many of the games I've played. Awesome that you are doing game dev work. Maybe you can lend some of your insights to IS :)
  • Options
    Greetings and welcome to our community!  I have a dear young friend who also is doing some Dev work. Best of luck!  Any thing we can help you will here just ask.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Greetings and welcome to the awesome community of AoC! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the greetings guys :D 
  • Options
    Welcome @Vikiridi!
  • Options
    Hooray for Healers!   :)
  • Options
    ad0rkable said:
    Healers is what keeps tanks from letting the rest get murdered... Always loved being the person to give everybody a slight heart attack by saying- ohh, im out of mana and potions
    :D hahaha 
    Healers for the win!!! 
  • Options
    vikiridi said:
    ad0rkable said:
    Healers is what keeps tanks from letting the rest get murdered... Always loved being the person to give everybody a slight heart attack by saying- ohh, im out of mana and potions
    :D hahaha 
    Healers for the win!!! 
    Or my other favorite, when someone dies for being stupid - 'Res on cooldown, sorry'.  :D
    I'm a WHM myself on FFXIV, currently leveling up SMN/SCH.
  • Options
    ad0rkable said:
    Or my other favorite, when someone dies for being stupid - 'Res on cooldown, sorry'.  :D
    YES!! haha! perfect, I found someone just as crazy and punishing as me :D You guys want good heals? then you better be smart and be nice. :) 
    ohh WHM, never played as a WHM, but I love my SMN/SCH. Gotta love the little fairy <3 
  • Options
    vikiridi said:
    ad0rkable said:
    YES!! haha! perfect, I found someone just as crazy and punishing as me :D You guys want good heals? then you better be smart and be nice. :) 
    ohh WHM, never played as a WHM, but I love my SMN/SCH. Gotta love the little fairy <3 
    YAY! Yes! Exactly!

I love the amazing healing power on WHM.  But I'm looking forward to have a fairy too.  I like the utility of SCH, but I'm pretty sure WHM will always be my main.  I haven't tries AST too much, but I'll be leveling that one up soon, too. I love all the sparkles they have for healing spells.  :D
  • Options
    *Offers a healers blessing to welcome @vikiridi to the forums*

Welcome!

Fiesta online......err....I...rather embarrassingly may have tried that....

And yup, aww but it bugged me when most of the mmos like gw2 started all going in the 'no healer' route, I was worried that I'd never have that adrenaline rush again.
    So glad that you're on-board with us too :smiley:
  • Options
    ad0rkable said:
    YAY! Yes! Exactly!

I love the amazing healing power on WHM.  But I'm looking forward to have a fairy too.  I like the utility of SCH, but I'm pretty sure WHM will always be my main.  I haven't tries AST too much, but I'll be leveling that one up soon, too. I love all the sparkles they have for healing spells.  :D
    Woo! Healer buddies :D 

Megs said:
    *Offers a healers blessing to welcome @vikiridi to the forums*

Welcome!

Fiesta online......err....I...rather embarrassingly may have tried that....

And yup, aww but it bugged me when most of the mmos like gw2 started all going in the 'no healer' route, I was worried that I'd never have that adrenaline rush again.
    So glad that you're on-board with us too :smiley:
    Thank you *accepts the blessing*
    Fiesta online was great, in like 2007 :D haha  but yes :( it was very upsetting when most games releasing on the market like BDO, BnS, GW2 didn't have healers :( i was sad. Being a healer in dire situation of people almost dying is the best adrenaline rush there is. 
    Happy that this game will have a dedicated healer class. :) 

Look like I found 2 healer buddies :D wooo! We shall all form a healer only guild, right? and be hired by others to help in dungeons.... hmm, i like that idea... 
  • Options
    Welcome! Fiesta Online was actually the 2nd MMO I played when I was about 14? I played for at least 2 years, good times XD

But yeah, I really wish there was a full on healer class for BnS. That would be so fun! I tried FFXIV and was planning to be a scholar but I got bored of it before I leveled high enoug ^^;; Anyways, welcome & hope to see you in game!
  • Options
    Yuukie said:
    Welcome! Fiesta Online was actually the 2nd MMO I played when I was about 14? I played for at least 2 years, good times XD

But yeah, I really wish there was a full on healer class for BnS. That would be so fun! I tried FFXIV and was planning to be a scholar but I got bored of it before I leveled high enoug ^^;; Anyways, welcome & hope to see you in game!
    what was your first mmo? :O 
    yeah FFXIV is great but also i'm not sure why but isn't very good at holding players in. I really can't put my finger on it. But it looks damn nice :D some of the cutest female characters i've ever seen are in FFXIV
  • Options
    A very warm welcome, @vikiridi!
    vikiridi said:
    p.s. I'm a very beginner hobbyist game dev. Participated in Ludum Dare game jam and looking forward to next 1 in july :) I'm currently involved in 2 game dev projects, 1 my own project I'm slowly working on and 1 I'm working on with a small group of my friends. So, it's fair to say... I love games
    Good luck with your project, it sounds exciting! Which type of games are you working on at the moment?
    ...if you can disclose these details without killing me after, of course.  :*
  • Options
    Rhoqaro said:
    A very warm welcome, @vikiridi!
    Good luck with your project, it sounds exciting! Which type of games are you working on at the moment?
    ...if you can disclose these details without killing me after, of course.  :*
    Well, my personal project is an RPG about a traveling merchant :P and the 2nd project I'm working on with friends is an Action platformer. 
    p.s. i don't kill people, i heal them ;) haha
  • Options
    vikiridi said:
    The wise man once said: "Fear the enraged cleric, for he decrees the ones who live and those who die" .
    So yeah, my previous statement is still valid  :D

vikiridi said:
    Well, my personal project is an RPG about a traveling merchant :
    This sounds sweet. I played around a little with RPG maker, back in the days. The results were clearly amateurish, but is was really exciting to see the story in your head materialize a little at a time. I wish you good luck with both your projects!
  • Options
    not sure why I haven't said hello yet but better later than never

hello and welcome to ashes of creation 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    nagash said:

Too busy recruiting even more undeads to your cause, I bet...
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Rhoqaro said:
    vikiridi said:
    The wise man once said: "Fear the enraged cleric, for he decrees the ones who live and those who die" .

vikiridi said:
    This sounds sweet. I played around a little with RPG maker, back in the days. The results were clearly amateurish, but is was really exciting to see the story in your head materialize a little at a time. I wish you good luck with both your projects!
    Thanks :D and yeah it's really cool to see an idea take shape. For artists that would be drawing, but i'm no artist xDD best I can do is try to make a game haha.

nagash said:

cuz you don't want me here? *cri* Q_Q
  • Options
    Rhoqaro said:
    vikiridi said:

vikiridi said:
    Thanks :D and yeah it's really cool to see an idea take shape. For artists that would be drawing, but i'm no artist xDD best I can do is try to make a game haha.

nagash said:

cuz you don't want me here obviously Q_Q *cri*
  • Options
    Rhoqaro said:
    vikiridi said:

vikiridi said:

nagash said:

cuz you don't want me here obviously Q_Q *cri*
  • Options
    Aww don't cry, Nagash being a king of the undead and all has rather forgotten the niceties of polite society, that and he's rather busy with his plans to take over the world(s).

:smile:
  • Options
    Welcome to the community forums
  • Options
    welcome!