Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hi everyone!

Hey people, my name is Quinlan however you may refer to me by my in-game name Diarmuid (O'Dyna). Both names being Irish it may come as no surprise that my forum signature says ''Fan of the Emerals Isle''.

Like most people on these forums I started playing video games at a young age. Although, in the beginning, gaming to me was mostly just watching my older brother play (we all know the everlasting struggle in sharing a console/pc with a sibling).

Over the years I have become an avid gamer and a fan of the MMORPG genre* (although my greatest love has been and will always be Age of Empires II). In the genre I have played World of Warcraft (from The Burning Crusade until Cataclysm), Neverwinter, Perfect World, Conquer Online, Silkroad, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Aion Online, Runescape, Allods Online and Lord of the Rings Online.

In all of these MMO's my go to class was any that healed wounded allies in battle, preferably ones that drew power from nature and the elements (IE druids, shamans, etc.).

Each and every one of the games mentioned before had brought me joy and a fun game experience (albeit for varying amounts of time), but there had always been something major missing, that being either decent PVP, PVE, a socially active community or a fun end-game (without pay-to-win or endless grinds). *As such my hope for the MMORPG genre had slowly been diminishing over the past few years, untill after a nostalgic talk with my brother I stumbled upon Ashes of Creation. That was two weeks ago.

After reading about the developers, their goals, the game itself and watching all the Q&A's I had missed, my hope was restored. It feels as if this is the case for many here... as if Ashes of Creation and its community have become our safe haven.

If you have come this far, I hope you have had a wonderful day and many more to come!

- Quinlan ''Diarmuid O'Dyna''

Comments

• Options
    Quinlan1998  Welcome!  Happy you have joined our community as we wait for Ashes to arrive.  If you have any questions we might help you with just ask.  We'll try to answer them. In the mean time, jump right in and join the party!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Good to meet you Diarmuid and welcome to the Ashes community :)
  • Options
    Hello and welcome. ❤️
  • Options
    From one future cleric to another, hello and well met! <3
  • Options
    Welcome to Ashes Quinlan1998 !!!

Good presentation 
    ;)