Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hiring non person characters for hunting / leveling with you

I know they are going to have non person characters that you can hire. I was wondering if they would let you hire one for hunting / leveling with you.

Comments

• Options
    I liked this in some games. You usually got an exp cut, but in some cases for solo players (which I am a lot of times) can be really beneficial.
  • Options
    They're usually dumb and make me angry, I do all the work. Artifical Intelligence of real life is not like in the movie A.I.
  • Options
    Personally speaking, I rather hire a player than an actual NPC. Mostly because I think as a community, its a good way to build not on a reputation among fellow players, but I could even see a guild offering their services for this.

But I tend to think along the lines of "How to make something more community based", than solo.
  • Options
    Personally speaking, I rather hire a player than an actual NPC. Mostly because I think as a community, its a good way to build not on a reputation among fellow players, but I could even see a guild offering their services for this.

But I tend to think along the lines of "How to make something more community based", than solo.
    This is my mind as well
  • Options
    When the games less popular and there is no one to group with, grouping with NPC would help keep the game alive. Day one from launch if game you will have no difficulty finding a group to play with.
  • Options
    I remember having this in Guild wars 1. They were indeed, rather stupid. They did work for solo players and especially casuals, though. 
    I would utilize them when I knew I may would have to get off at a moments notice. I never like joining a group, then 5 minutes into our adventure saying: "GTG! I'm out!" 
    Meh. 
  • Options
    It could be nice maybe if done right? Like, they should be less useful than hiring actual players to help you. This would promote being a part of the community instead of always relying on NPC's. However, as mentioned by @SaeyoPrayers hiring NPC's could work for players who wanted to do something solo, or an individual who knows that they might need to go away at any point. Having hired an NPC would have an advantage in these cases.
    Then again, hiring real players would also need a properly working mechanic. If done wrong, the person hiring could pay the helper and the helper run off without doing the mission assigned. On the other hand, the player being helped could use the helping player and run off without paying. Both of these would be pretty bad, so it is important to get it right (however that would be done).

These are my thoughts on the matter at least :smile:
  • Options
    Dolphin said:
    They're usually dumb and make me angry, I do all the work. Artifical Intelligence of real life is not like in the movie A.I.
    Thats not nice dave