Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Where to get starter items for purchase that may later also be crafted and sold

I am wondering what type of items will be available from the beginning out of necessity like torches for example.

Say I later acquire the recipe to craft torches.  Even further down the road I have a freehold that has an inn.  Would it be profitable/worthwhile for me to sell torches in my inn to fellow players? Or just beer (who am I kidding, of course I will be selling beer)?

I apologize that I have not listened to most of the livestreams in the event that this type of topic has been touched on.

Also I understand that we don't have a lot of details, so perhaps it is too early to ask about this concept.

What does the community think?

Comments

• Options
    Umm you might try posting this in the Announcement section under questions for the live stream as no one knows the answer for this.
  • Options
    @T-Elf

Thanks!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Keth said:
    I am wondering what type of items will be available from the beginning out of necessity like torches for example.

Say I later acquire the recipe to craft torches.  Even further down the road I have a freehold that has an inn.  Would it be profitable/worthwhile for me to sell torches in my inn to fellow players? Or just beer (who am I kidding, of course I will be selling beer)?

I apologize that I have not listened to most of the livestreams in the event that this type of topic has been touched on.

Also I understand that we don't have a lot of details, so perhaps it is too early to ask about this concept.

What does the community think?
    A Cudgel  - - - but it will take you 4-10 days to craft

Step 1> find 3 rocks
    (a)[sliver of a wedge shaped rock]
    (b)[Massive shaped blunt damaging rock]
    (c) poundy type rock
    Step 2> Climb a tree and jump on thick branch till it snaps preferably x2
    Step 3> similar to starting a fire  roll big stick in hands for countless hours
           pressing down onto the rock(b) firmly to burrow a hole though it.
    - [crafters note] placing tiny friction sand / pebbles will help create friction and
       allow users to burrow faster))
    Step 4 >{profit}
    Step 5> if the stick used to burrow hole though rock (b) has been buffed through hours sweating on the bark to polish and the head goes through rock but it tight use it. if not size stick b to be snug into hole you created in rock (b)
    Step 6> insert tiny wedge rock (a) onto stick that has been flushed with hole in rock (b) (top)
    step 7> using rock (c) pound wedge into top of stick
    Step 8>  You have succeeded in making your first stand alone weapon.

for your 2nd weapon i would suggest an axe.

To flatten and create a blade at this early stage friction is your friend.
    Grind the facets of the stone flat to create a sharp edge.

slam into trees to  create sturdy supports and create shelter.

Do not be afraid of blood and blisters, as you will learn later blood enchanting creates a multitude of powerful bonus's on item, and starting this early you will have a huge step up on the competition

------------------------------------------
    you could make the axe first but if you have to fight
    feral wildlife with it and your blade breaks on a skull  then you
    have wasted your time and effort.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

join us next week as we teach you how to get charcoal and create a pottery kiln to fire and continue to make basic tools that will lead up to your hammer and anvil needed to craft basic shanks. and elaborate swords